NHS number?

Old May 8th 2018, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NHS number?

Hi there!

Could anyone help me... where can I get my NHS number? Or where do i need to apply for one?

Thanks!
Old May 8th 2018, 12:57 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NHS number?

Originally Posted by AnnF
Hi there!

Could anyone help me... where can I get my NHS number? Or where do i need to apply for one?

Thanks!

Do you mean a National Insurance number? As far as I know there is no separate number for the NHS.

NI numbers here:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
Old May 8th 2018, 1:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Do you mean a National Insurance number? As far as I know there is no separate number for the NHS.

NI numbers here:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

NI and NHS have separate identity numbers. The first is for tax purposes etc...the second for Doctor/hospital services.
Old May 8th 2018, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl

NI and NHS have separate identity numbers. The first is for tax purposes etc...the second for Doctor/hospital services.

i need the one for doctor/hospital services.

the girl told me to bring my NHS number... but I don’t have it.
Old May 8th 2018, 1:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

i need the one for doctor/hospital services.

the girl told me to bring my NHS number... but I don’t have it.
Have you been registered with the NHS before, at any time, if so your GP surgery should be able top find out for you, or at least tell you how to retrieve it. If you have never had one then you just tell the surgery and they should be able to sort you out.
Old May 8th 2018, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Have you been registered with the NHS before, at any time, if so your GP surgery should be able top find out for you, or at least tell you how to retrieve it. If you have never had one then you just tell the surgery and they should be able to sort you out.
hi, no I haven’t registered with NHS yet because I don’t know how to do it ... could you help me whit that please... where do I have to call or go? What do I need to have to register.

thanks for your help
Old May 8th 2018, 1:58 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I've learned something. Thanks.
Old May 8th 2018, 2:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

hi, no I haven’t registered with NHS yet because I don’t know how to do it ... could you help me whit that please... where do I have to call or go? What do I need to have to register.

thanks for your help
You will have to go to your GP surgery, with some sort of ID, passport etc, and the should do it for you.
Old May 8th 2018, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

You will have to go to your GP surgery, with some sort of ID, passport etc, and the should do it for you.
Thanks again!
Old May 8th 2018, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It is easy but in addition to ID and passport you will need proof of address because they need to be sure you are living here and not just visiting. They will give you a form to fill out, which you will then return and after a few days, you will be registered.
Old May 8th 2018, 6:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your help
Could you clarify your visa status in the UK?
Old May 8th 2018, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
It is easy but in addition to ID and passport you will need proof of address because they need to be sure you are living here and not just visiting. They will give you a form to fill out, which you will then return and after a few days, you will be registered.
thanks for all the information! Very useful.
Old May 8th 2018, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Could you clarify your visa status in the UK?

i applied for spouse visa
Old May 9th 2018, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The NHS in Scotland provide a number which is NOT the same as a NINO. It is also called a CHI number. This may be different South of the Tweed and Solway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS_number

http://www.ndc.scot.nhs.uk/Dictionary-A-Z/Definitions/index.asp?ID=128&Title=CHI%20Number

Last edited by scot47; May 9th 2018 at 3:40 pm.
Old May 9th 2018, 4:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The NHS in Scotland provide a number which is NOT the same as a NINO. It is also called a CHI number. This may be different South of the Tweed and Solway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS_number

http://www.ndc.scot.nhs.uk/Dictionary-A-Z/Definitions/index.asp?ID=128&Title=CHI%20Number
The OP is talking about an NHS number. A NINO (National Insurance No.) is not the same as an NHS or CHI number and is UK wide. A CHI number is the equivalent of a NHS number in Scotland. If the OP has been asked for an NHS number then I presume she is in England or Wales.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.