Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Old Jun 30th 2011, 2:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

It looks like the process to get pets ready to travel into the UK without quarantine is going to get much easier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-Europe.html
Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:43 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New DEFRA Regs from January 2012

Makes it easier, doesn't it.
Chip them and get a rabies shot 21 days before traveling from the sound of it.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 12:23 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:01 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

This is fantastic news so pleased you posted this JG after my last trip to the UK I realised that if Mum needs me and I have to go back for a length of time I needed to get Puss sorted to come back with me I was actually going to find out about getting him a pet passport today funnily enough so this is Great
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
This is fantastic news so pleased you posted this JG after my last trip to the UK I realised that if Mum needs me and I have to go back for a length of time I needed to get Puss sorted to come back with me I was actually going to find out about getting him a pet passport today funnily enough so this is Great
Isn't it just? What a timeline difference...26 weeks down to 3!

When I came to live in the US you had no choice...pets had to be quarantined for 6 mths...then DEFRA kicked in...how times change.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this takes off a lot of the stress for those moving back to the UK with their pets. An international move is stressful enough........and I know that making sure my dog was ok & up to date with the DEFRA regs was the most stressful part of the move.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:51 pm
Sueffun

sueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nicesueffun is just really nice

Thank you for posting this information. I have three cats and in the back of my mind always worried if I left South Africa what I would do as its so expensive to put them into quarantine for 6 months. They already have microchips and are vaccinated yearly for rabies as we live in KwaZulu Natal where rabies is endemic.
I emmigrated to SA in 1980 and in 1983 very nearly returned to the UK except I had two beautiful cats that I didn't want to leave behind. Had several kitties since then.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:58 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Isn't it just? What a timeline difference...26 weeks down to 3!

When I came to live in the US you had no choice...pets had to be quarantined for 6 mths...then DEFRA kicked in...how times change.
I remember my old kitty back on the 90's had to stay in Newmarket for 6 months under quarantine, thanks god the UK has finally come to their senses this has been very much over due.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Thanks so much for posting this.

Ironically our three animals just had their blood samples taken yesterday! I phoned our carrier, Jetpets, and the blood tests have been cancelled. We had a vet visit at home so we still have to pay for that, but we have saved $200 per animal.

They had just picked up the information about 5 minutes before I called.

Whoever actually does the tests will be losing a lot of business!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

odee is an unknown quantity at this point

so we can take our pets, but not our wives....

aaaand the UK keeps getting stranger!
Old Jul 1st 2011, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by odee
so we can take our pets, but not our wives....

aaaand the UK keeps getting stranger!
Never heard of a spouse carrying the rabies virus
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 12:40 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news! Thanks for posting.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

kgirl2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new defra rules2012 for taking pets back to uk

be sure to check out DEFRAs website, if your taking your pet home..there are new policies coming for 2012

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

odee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Never heard of a spouse carrying the rabies virus
yeah but i dont go to those countries
Old Jul 5th 2011, 4:42 am
Pilottinker

pilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to beholdpilottinker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: new defra rules2012 for taking pets back to uk

Thanks Kira

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.