Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

is this the new chat up line?

Wikiposts

is this the new chat up line?

Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:46 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default is this the new chat up line?

I walked into Sainsbury's with a basket and there was a man standing by the door with his trolley. He was looking at me and suddenly asked "are you Turkish?" so I said "why, are you?" (he was obviously foreign) so he said "no i'm not Turkish but you are, aren't you?" I said that I was Spanish and he turned out to be from Egypt. Anyway, I decided to ignore him and carry on walking.

Later on while I was picking my groceries he approached me again (I suspect that he'd been looking for me) and started to ask me personal questions; where I lived, where I worked and so on. I could see where the conversation was going so I told him that I was about to move abroad with my husband. He took no notice at all and asked me if I belonged to any of the health clubs nearby so I said I didn't and he finally asked "would you like to go for a swim with me later?" I just couldn't stop laughing, this question was just soooooo odd! He didn't come across as dirty at all, there was something very candid about him. I just told him that I had to go and rush to the till. I am still thinking of it now, I just found the question hillarious! Go for a swim? with a stranger that has just approached you at the supermarket? yeah right that's what any woman would want to do on a first date? Is this a new chat up line?

Anyway I just thought I'd share this story with you guys, hopefully it'll bring a smile to your face if nothing else. Or maybe you have some story to tell that will make us all smile ?

Anabella
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:03 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is this the new chat up line?

Originally Posted by anabella
I walked into Sainsbury's with a basket and there was a man standing by the door with his trolley. He was looking at me and suddenly asked "are you Turkish?" so I said "why, are you?" (he was obviously foreign) so he said "no i'm not Turkish but you are, aren't you?" I said that I was Spanish and he turned out to be from Egypt. Anyway, I decided to ignore him and carry on walking.

Later on while I was picking my groceries he approached me again (I suspect that he'd been looking for me) and started to ask me personal questions; where I lived, where I worked and so on. I could see where the conversation was going so I told him that I was about to move abroad with my husband. He took no notice at all and asked me if I belonged to any of the health clubs nearby so I said I didn't and he finally asked "would you like to go for a swim with me later?" I just couldn't stop laughing, this question was just soooooo odd! He didn't come across as dirty at all, there was something very candid about him. I just told him that I had to go and rush to the till. I am still thinking of it now, I just found the question hillarious! Go for a swim? with a stranger that has just approached you at the supermarket? yeah right that's what any woman would want to do on a first date? Is this a new chat up line?

Anyway I just thought I'd share this story with you guys, hopefully it'll bring a smile to your face if nothing else. Or maybe you have some story to tell that will make us all smile ?

Anabella
That gave me a laugh Annabella, i have never heard of that one!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:05 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

omg dunno about a chat up line think i'd have reported him to the store manager...he may have had more sinister plans than just a swim :scared:
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:07 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
omg dunno about a chat up line think i'd have reported him to the store manager...he may have had more sinister plans than just a swim :scared:
That's true........ did he honestly think a woman would say "Oh, that sounds like a good idea!"
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:06 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

So are you telling me that the reason my wife always carries her bikini in her handbag is on the offchance of being propositioned by a dodgy Egyptian in the frozen chicken aisle...? Surely that could be construed grounds for divorce
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
So are you telling me that the reason my wife always carries her bikini in her handbag is on the offchance of being propositioned by a dodgy Egyptian in the frozen chicken aisle...? Surely that could be construed grounds for divorce
shouldn't worry, not out in katy
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:24 pm
Guest21

Anabella
Reminded me of when I lived in California I was packing the groceries into the car and this really cute guy comes rushing out of the store and said to me I was watching you shop and thought that you were stunning yer right anyway I said thanks and he asked me for a date I declined due to the fact that I was going threw my Divorce at the time and never mind the fact he was about 20 years my junior But never the less was secretly chuffed that he had the balls to run out of the store to ask me (he worked there) he told me his name was Matt and if I ever changed my mind to come and see him ( I don't think so)

I was telling the girls at work and about 3 weeks later the Human Resource manager said to me that her girl friend also got picked up by the same smooth talking Matt outside the store, I guess he was playing Russian Roulette sooner or later a yes.............Bummer and I thought I was the only one lol

Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:40 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Sainsburys in Solihull? I used to do my shopping at the Poplar Way one

May I suggest Tescos in Monkspath, theres no weirdo's in there, just my dad :P
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski
Sainsburys in Solihull? I used to do my shopping at the Poplar Way one

May I suggest Tescos in Monkspath, theres no weirdo's in there, just my dad :P
and my hubbys parents as thats their local too
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

elaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond reputeelaineKB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
That gave me a laugh Annabella, i have never heard of that one!
yeh and me ..well funny if a tad wierd !
Old Aug 9th 2006, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I have an old Hispanic git who works as a security guard at a local grocery store (that I don't frequent anymore for obvious reasons), who has taken a shine to me and follows me around making lewd suggestions whenever I am in there.......
Old Aug 9th 2006, 3:26 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get people coming and asking me what I thought of products,how to cook them etc. (Have one of those faces I guess) I used to like people talking to me, then I read somewhere about a similar incident being a prelude to a dangerous stalking experience. Still talk to anyone, especially here in the South but careful how much info I give out.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Andy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond reputeAndy_LongIsland has a reputation beyond repute

Anabella
What a wierdo! You'll have to keep yer eyes open for him on crime-watch
Old Aug 9th 2006, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Anabella
Was he trying to get into a health club? Or was he suggesting the oh-so-romantic Tudor Grange swimming baths? Trod on a turd in there once.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond reputecinnabar has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it wasn't Ray? He does a nifty line in swimming lessons. Did the bloke in the supermarket want anything cooked in exchange?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.