New Car Buying in UK

Old May 4th 2009, 7:55 am

Adelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant future
Default New Car Buying in UK

Has anyone used this company to buy a new car in the UK?:

[URL="http://www.uk-car-discount.co.uk/index.php"]

We are thinking of using them and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them.

Thanks,
Adelai
Old May 5th 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

miss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant futuremiss piggy has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Car Buying in UK

Don't know your company but we were very happy with the car we bought in December through www.carsandfinance.com .We gave a £500 deposit & then no more money until I had the keys /papers in my hands & had checked over the car.

They are really a finance company & want to sell you a finance package but were also perfectly happy to do a straightforward cash purchase (which is what we did). I can not recommend their finance packages as I know nothing about them.

We saved a lot of money & hassle & have had absolutely no problems at all.

There are some really good deals to be had on new cars at the moment but also I suspect a lot of dealers will be going bust so be cautious about parting with any money until you've actually seen the car & its paperwork.
Old May 6th 2009, 4:15 am
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Adelia
Has anyone used this company to buy a new car in the UK?:

[URL="http://www.uk-car-discount.co.uk/index.php"]

We are thinking of using them and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them.

Thanks,
Adelai
I'm not at all able to answer your questions, but thought I'd give you my 2 pennies worth all the same.

Having purchased (on finance), a brand new car, unseen, I would throughly recommend you don't.

Wait until you get to UK, and test drive a few on the differnt makes / models you are thinking about before buying. In my expereince (admitedly U.S) although vehicles are the same make / model as in the UK, they are actually very different driving experiences, and aesthetics. The issue may be the same for you the other way around.
Old May 6th 2009, 12:47 pm

Adelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant future

Miss Piggy, thanks for that information. I think this company works in much the same way as the one you bought from, they only require £500 deposit and the rest when the car is delivered to you. Glad to hear you were happy with yours!

Christine, thanks for your reply. We're already in the UK and know the make and model we're interested in, so hoping we won't have that problem.

Adelia