Need to sell my car

Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Need to sell my car

I leave OZ for UK in 5 weeks. whats the best and quickest way to sell my car as I need the money to pay for shipping?
Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need to sell my car

Originally Posted by garyp
I leave OZ for UK in 5 weeks. whats the best and quickest way to sell my car as I need the money to pay for shipping?
We sold our car through gumtree....tried a few other sites and gumtree came out trumps..sold the car within 2 weeks.....good luck....
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks am taking your advice and trying to sell car on gumtree. I think I am doing something wrong though. I go through process to post an ad and a message comes up at top of page in red with a cross saying the ad has been posted but I cant find it on site and had no email confirmation. What have I done wrong? I put 10 photos on, is this to much? I also clicked post ad a few times as it didnt seem like the process was complete. did I block it as I repeated the post ad a few times? someone help
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:37 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure about Gumtree by here if you put something up on craigslist (same thing) it can take up to 30 minutes for it to appear, but you get an email with a link in it.
Have you been back and put in a search for the type of car you are selling? It may be there by now.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just looked in the help section of gumtree and it said the reason the message that comes up for me is you can only post local ads in the area you live which I am and that my ISP provider has overseas internet settings. really confused now
Old Oct 14th 2010, 12:00 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Can you take your lap top to the local starbucks and post from there, that would be a local ISP setting right? Weird thing saying you have overseas settings
Or use a friends computer maybe.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

It was an email problem. I was using my .com email address to activate but as soon as I changed it to my AU email I was able to post ad and activate.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sold it in less than 24 hours on carsales website. Cost me $60 to advertise but well worth it. got what I needed to cover container costs. Had it on gumtree but only had one enquiry with a ridiculous offer.
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by garyp
We sold ours within 7 days for exactly the same reason. We still got a a few more thousand than the garage was offering as a last resort.

Try www.carsales.com.au
www.gumtree.com.au

Western Australian

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Poppet
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
We sold ours within 7 days for exactly the same reason. We still got a a few more thousand than the garage was offering as a last resort.
Try www.carsales.com.au
www.gumtree.com.au

Western Australian

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Poppet
Hi Poppet,
My last post I said I sold it in less than 24hrs on Carsales website. Also got $3000 more than a garage was offering as a last resort.
Thanks for help anyway.

Last edited by garyp; Oct 23rd 2010 at 1:50 am.