Need lots of advice

Old Jun 6th 2021, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

joleah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need lots of advice

After 32 years in Canada and never been settled looks like back to Scotland may be possibility.So reaching out for help.....question 1 if I sell house in Canada can I take all proceeds home or do I pay tax when transferring money to uk.......Approx.$600000
Old Jun 7th 2021, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need lots of advice

You do not pay tax in the UK on your own capital but you will need to have a UK bank account and show the bank proof of the source of the funds.
As advised elsewhere, you may find that Scotland (the entire UK) is very different from when you left.
Lanarkshire is a very mixed county with some affluent areas and some areas are very poor with drug and alcohol problems.
I suggest that you come for a holiday and have a good look at house prices in different areas.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 2:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need lots of advice

You won't pay tax on the money in the UK, whether you have to in Canada or not will depend on when you sell. Is the intention to sell up before leaving Canada?