Wikiposts

My Girls have left

Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Girls have left

Just got back from the airport, having put my DW, Ruth and my DD Jasmin on a plane back to London.

Feeling pretty low, but so pleased that they are going home.

Hopefully I will be out of here by the end of November.

On the plus side, I get to go home for 2 weeks at the end of June, just dreading getting back on the plane to come back here.

Pete
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Girls have left

Sympathies, Pete! It aint easy is it? However in the scheme of things, it is just a few months out of a long life so you can put up with it. I'll bet your girls are over the moon to be going home and you will be there before Christmas so if you can reframe the situation and see it for what it is - well less than 365 days, you can do it! (Big calendar and Big Red Pen to cross off the days, always works for me!) Mind you, you may need to take out a second mortgage to pay off the phone bills if you are anything like me when Dh and I are on opposite sides of the world!

As for the getting on the plane to come back here after a trip - I'm no help there, I blubber my way from Cambridge to London on the train usually, much to the consternation of other passengers on the 8.58 to Liverpool St.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:29 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Just got back from the airport, having put my DW, Ruth and my DD Jasmin on a plane back to London.

On the plus side, I get to go home for 2 weeks at the end of June, just dreading getting back on the plane to come back here.

Pete
Pete - I have just seen this - It seems to have happened so quickly!

Is Jasmin heading back to her old school?

Best of luck, I hope it all works out well for you back here in the U.K.

K xx
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:47 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww shucks, that must've been a tough one

O.k, November's not that far away. Keep yourself busy, ties up your loose ends, we're always here on B.E if you fancy a whinge!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Had a call from them whilst they were transferring in Hong Kong, and all is going well so far.

Kathy, no not going back to old school, but is going to a school we know.

We didn't want to return to "exactly" the same life as we left, so although we will be in the same area, we are heading for one of the villages, rather than being on a new estate, hence the change of school.

The new school have been fantastic, couple of phone calls and then the rest by email. I was expecting a lot of difficulty as it is one of the top primary schools in our area, but they were not concerned that we would not be in area or any of those kind of issues.

Pete
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Pete
Hi Pete

It is difficult but hopefully when you hear how happy your family is back home and realise it is so the right decision then it makes it much easier. I left my OH with the 3 children in Feb to come home. OH is due back Sept/Oct. First couple of months were toughest and now the time is flying as we are so busy and the children so happy, settled and thriving. Weekends are toughest but it really is a very short time in the scheme of things and worth it in the long term. He has managed to wangle a work meeting in London at the beginning of July so will tag a fortnights holiday onto that and then it will be less than 12 weeks till home permanently.
Good luck and the secret I think is keep busy and do all the things that you would not normally be able when you have to get home to wife and daughter. I think my OH lives at the gym!

Good luck

Lorids
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:54 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pete
gosh that does seem quick, goodluck to you all
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:56 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pete

Good luck and I hope that the time will go quickly.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

Well the girls got back, met by Brother in Law at Heathrow (Top man - thanks)

They called me, whilst sat in a traffic jam on the M25, looking out at the grey skies. Even so, I could hear the happiness in their voices.

Ruth got her birthday gift from me today, a shiny MX-5, just waiting for the sunshine now

I think its fair to say she looks like this

Thanks for all your kind commments

Pete
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Ruth got her birthday gift from me today, a shiny MX-5, just waiting for the sunshine now

Pete

It's my birthday soon
Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:44 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
It's my birthday soon
It's mine in December

seriously - I'm glad they got back ok Pete and hopefully time will fly for you until you're all back together