My discombobulated return

Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default My discombobulated return

Well..........it`s discombobulated because it`s got an unplanned air about it!
The story so far is I came back to the UK because my sister died. We`d planned to come back anyway after being in the USA for five years. Immediately afterwards, I stayed with my sister`s family, moving on to my mother in law`s after the funeral. Mum in law was away on holiday, so I got this wonderful house and garden in Suffolk all to myself, and it was like a tonic, having that peace and quiet to absorb the events of the preceding weeks.
I was then joined by my younger son, (early twenties) and we stayed for another week, and now we are in our Yorkshire house, camping out, the tenants having just moved out. It`s amazing how light and airy our house is without the furniture! We have camping chairs (a fiver each), airbeds and bits of garden furniture rescued from the garage and attic.
The first day here, a neighbour brought round a tv for us so I got to watch Wimbledon!
My best friend is Tesco Direct because I dont have a car and so I`ve ordered the necessities of life online and take great pleasure in having stuff delivered to my door! What a wonderful invention online shopping is! Have to say, I`ve ordered a bed because the airbed and sleeping on the floor doesnt do it for me!
I was also pleased that my Dyson vacuum has waited for me! I`ve got it back again, my son found it in the garage and it`s still in working order.
Last week was taken up with people coming to fix this and that after the tenants went, and getting signed up for utilities.
A lovely surprise is, as others have said, how much people will just chat away with me, something I`ve missed! At times its as if my life has gone into 3-D again!
My husband is in the US, still, working and organising the shipping of the furniture. Our house hasnt sold and also got a hole in the roof from the storms that swept through two weeks ago, but we are now looking for tenants if we cant get a buyer. Luckily we`d done a massive clear out before I left, so we were prepared for this situation.
The weather here has either been deleriously lovely or absolute poop, but, on the whole, it`s lovely to be back in my own house and garden.
Oooh, havent even mentioned the food! It`s all soooooo tasty! My waistband is straining already!
OK, this is where I waddle off into the sunset, weighed down by having eaten everything I`ve missed for the last five years. Adios, partners, or rather a bientot!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:34 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My discombobulated return

Hi Jemima, pleased you are settling in after your discombobulated return! You seem really happy to be home
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I am! I`m ecstatic to be back!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:10 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

I'm glad you are enjoying being back, especially with all the sad circumstances.
We're into our final 3 weeks in CA now - flying to NY July 31 and boarding the QM2 August 3rd. Can't wait!!!!! Our UK tenants move out July 19 and once the decorators have been through to give it all a spruce up, my parents will get the keys and start moving a few bits of spare furniture into the house to tide us over until our shipment arrives.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:06 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

At times its as if my life has gone into 3-D again!
What a beautiful and perfect description!

I loved your update. I know you'll be nutty busy for the first few months getting everything set up, but after that drop me a note and we can meet for coffee in Knaresborough (or afternoon tea in Betty's!!). It would be great to meet you.

btw - we found a local artist that we really love and we bought a painting for my husband's 50th birthday. It's a painting he had just finished the day we went to his gallery ... and it's of Waterside!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

I love the new avatar Sally, but dont you miss the hat?
This morning a friend turned up, wrote a list of all the things I was short of, and then he and his wife came back, bearing those things, including a comfy chair, plus a lovely bunch of flowers (and a vase) and a 'Welcome back" card.
I also saw my neighbours who are going to shower me with spare furniture this evening. The camping chairs days are numbered! People can be so nice, cant they?
Oh, and I had my first night in the new bed I ordered up online. Goodbye airbed, hello comfort!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:27 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jemima55
I love the new avatar Sally, but dont you miss the hat?
I do, but I traded it for the best coat on television and a warm scarf, so I'll be OK ;-) (Seriously, Sherlock's coat should have its own series).
Old Jul 14th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps it could set up home with John Barrowman`s coat from Torchwood.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 4:43 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Jemima, I am so pleased that things are going well for you. I wish you all the best. it is nuts around here as the movers are coming in Monday. I am dog tired and think I will miss the entire Transatlantic crossing as I will be asleep.
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck, If1. I`m sure your fellow travellers will tip you out of bed and ply you with cocktails!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 5:44 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, If1. I`m sure your fellow travellers will tip you out of bed and ply you with cocktails!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:20 pm
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

Definitely!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:50 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pombat
Definitely!
In that case, I'll make sure not to wear my curlers to bed!
Old Jul 14th 2012, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

jemima55,

Wow you made it home! Congrats So jealous. Sounds like things are going well. Please keep the updates coming. I can't wait to return home, but in the meantime I will live vicariously through you and others who have returned home
Old Jul 15th 2012, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

After a long time away I do have a feeling of having "not quite landed'. I nearly asked my neighbour what day the 'trash' gets collected. Also missing not having ATMs every two yards.
Goodish news on the US house front. Since we gave up the idea of getting a sale and put the house up for rent, my husband came back to a pile of realtor`s cards on Friday, because lots of prospective renters had looked round in his absence. It may be the way to go. We dont have a lot of choice at the moment. The best we could hope for is renters who love the house so much they eventually decide to buy it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.