Reload this Page >

Moving pet over to the UK from USA

Moving pet over to the UK from USA

Old Jul 8th 2022, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

ugoogli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving pet over to the UK from USA

Hi all,

After a few years living in America, my wife and I have decided that moving back to Scotland is the best course of action for us. While we lived here, we adopted a cat. I grew up in oil and gas, so I am familiar with moving internationally with pets and the vet on staff checking over their paperwork before giving the thumbs up to let them into the country. However, every time this had happened the final flight was an international flight. So this check happened when we arrived at our final destination.

Currently, the only flights to Scotland that I can find are through Heathrow. Will the process change at all with the final leg of the journey being an internal flight? For example, will I have to meet the vet at Heathrow to get the paperwork approved to go through customs and then 'recheck' him up to Scotland or will he be good through to Scotland?
Old Jul 9th 2022, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving pet over to the UK from USA

I would take some advice from a proffessional. Petair are very respected
Old Dec 5th 2022, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

lesleyeblen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Just about to embark on shipping our cat from US to Scotland. Were you able to successfully move your cat and do you have any advice?

Thanks,

Lesley Eblen
Old Dec 12th 2022, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Slalomdude is an unknown quantity at this point

We are about to do it with two dogs and a cat. We are going to fly into Paris and get a pet taxi across to Uk and home. Air France will allow cats and small dogs to fly in the cabin in a small carrier at your feet. Animals go excess baggage. Dogs in hold (bigger than 30lbs) go for about $400 and cat in cabin is $200. Any flight into UK all animals have to go cargo through a third party company. My estimate from IAG Cargo (aer Lingus) from Orlando to Manchester was $4500 for two dogs and $2000 for cat. Pet Taxi from Paris airport to Folkstone via chunnel is 750 pounds, No brainer to me. There is a Facebook group called "US Pets to UK via chunnel &alternate routes. They are a wealth of information on logistics, paperwork and vaccination requirements. Good luck
Old Dec 12th 2022, 5:27 am
Just Joined

lesleyeblen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this also - on reflection, I realize that our cat is too big to fit into the size of crate that would fit in the cabin, so he will have to go in the hold. But thanks for sharing!