moving from OZ to the UK

Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:45 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving from OZ to the UK

Originally Posted by aroundtheloop
Unfortunately I know quite a few people like that ..... Best to avoid them
Spot on, exactly what we do. If they want to live in misery looking at everything through an empty glass that is up to them but dont try and drag me down as well
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

No problem, I do get criticised for being too positive which is weird but I am a glass half full type so cant help myself.
Well youll have the last laugh! literally!!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 7:30 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Well youll have the last laugh! literally!!
Yes I will, I know which one I prefer to be
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:40 am
Just Joined

adward is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving from UK to canada

Hi Friends I want move UK to Canada how can i move legal and easy way please suggest me..
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:49 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving from UK to canada

Originally Posted by adward
Hi Friends I want move UK to Canada how can i move legal and easy way please suggest me..
You might want to start a new thread, as your question will get lost in this thread - also, maybe post it in the Canada forum.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 7:50 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Any tips??? we will be living in Surrey, two of my children are already there having started the school year and boarding , they wont be boarding once my visa comes through.
I was over there 2 weeks ago to settle my boys into school ... theyre 13 and 16 yrs. The weather was beautiful and the area we have rented a house is gorgeous, just very different from inner city Sydney. My Pom hubby is there but will return next week to help tie things up here.
I lived in the UK (London) over 19 years ago and love it, just nervous about adjusting and finding new friends, we have a very social and close network here in Sydney.
I think now is the best time to move back to the UK from Australia, the false exchange rate can't stay at $1.5 to £1 for much longer in my opinion, if anyone is looking at coming back and has a few hundred thousand dollars to exchange then do so quickly. Also houses are at rock bottom prices in a lot of areas, so you can make a double killing, in fact if you are this fortunate, you could see your money going far further than you could imagine and lead you to having a fantastic lifestyle here in the UK which us one of the best countries in the world to live in, best if luck.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

jacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to all

Any tips??? we will be living in Surrey, two of my children are already there having started the school year and boarding , they wont be boarding once my visa comes through.
I was over there 2 weeks ago to settle my boys into school ... theyre 13 and 16 yrs. The weather was beautiful and the area we have rented a house is gorgeous, just very different from inner city Sydney. My Pom hubby is there but will return next week to help tie things up here.
I lived in the UK (London) over 19 years ago and love it, just nervous about adjusting and finding new friends, we have a very social and close network here in Sydney.
Where about in Surrey are you moving too ?
I'm so homesick..just did a trip back and now back to Sydney and just feeling a little lost
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

jacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to all

Need advice :-

When is the best school age to migrate kids back to UK ?
When is the worse time to do so ?

Many thanks J
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:20 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jacqui cameron

Many thanks J
I would say during their GCSE year, at 14 years old, it would be really difficult for a child at that age, anything 13 and below should be ok.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks J
Our little one is 7 nearly 8 and will be in the Junior school so will be able to make friends before going off to High School, I think this would be a good thing.
We had the chance to move 3 years ago, but waited for middle son to finish high school here, moving him at 15 wouldn't have been a great idea in my estimation even though he wanted to move. Now he's at least got his paperwork showing graduation and SAT/ACT scores for college entrance.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

aroundtheloop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
I think now is the best time to move back to the UK from Australia, the false exchange rate can't stay at $1.5 to £1 for much longer in my opinion, if anyone is looking at coming back and has a few hundred thousand dollars to exchange then do so quickly. Also houses are at rock bottom prices in a lot of areas, so you can make a double killing, in fact if you are this fortunate, you could see your money going far further than you could imagine and lead you to having a fantastic lifestyle here in the UK which us one of the best countries in the world to live in, best if luck.
exactly, that's why we have chosen now to do it, my husband has been wanting to move back for years but the AUD to sterling has always been a disadvantage. now for once we are strong against the pound, so selling up property and moving to the UK is a good move for us.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Where about in Surrey are you moving too ?
I'm so homesick..just did a trip back and now back to Sydney and just feeling a little lost
Farnham.... lots of good schools in the area for kids, close enough to London, very beautiful countryside.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
I would say during their GCSE year, at 14 years old, it would be really difficult for a child at that age, anything 13 and below should be ok.
We looked into it before moving and found that with the schools that were used to having foreign students were the most helpful. Because of our school year in Australia which starts January we had a bit of juggling. As it was my sons had both started their years 10 and 7 in january australia, and are now in the UK having restarted years 10 and 7, they are a little older than their peers ( just turned 16 and 13) but not missing any of their schooling, We just scraped in with my older son as it wouldn't be possible to move him year 11 as in the UK he would have missed the important preparation for GCSE. Unfortunately because it was imperative that my older son complete all of year 10 in the UK, we had to make the choice to send the boys to board while I wait in Sydney for my visa.....They are very happy though and loving it....I just miss them dreadfully
Old Oct 12th 2012, 11:15 am
Banned

Many thanks J
Our boys are 11 and have taken to it like ducks to water, too much older they become a bit set in their ways and friends become much more important to them.
The worse time would be around 14/15.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chris955
Our boys are 11 and have taken to it like ducks to water, too much older they become a bit set in their ways and friends become much more important to them.
The worse time would be around 14/15.
some may be set in their ways... my sons were ready for a new adventure....each family and each child is different it seems...I think at the ages of 13 and 16 my boys are ready for a new phase, but I have a few friends who are considering the move (with UK an OZ parents) and they say their kids are not prepared to do so. We also have a daughter who is 8, and she has a tight network of friends in Sydney, but she is excited about the move to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.