Moving to OZ-then UK!

Old May 3rd 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving to OZ-then UK!

Hello again.
Yup, we are off to OZ!
Now before the OZ haters ask 'why?"(and I dont blame you btw) I will give you my reasons.
Firstly we came to Nz for lots of reasons but none because we hated UK.
We wanted a better lifestyle (although we had a good one I see now!)
NZ didn't give us that.
We wanted to be able to afford holidays and small luxuries same as we had in UK
NZ didnt give us that either.
We wanted a better education for our kids, smaller classrooms etc..
NZ didn't give us that either.
We wanted a better climate.
NZ didn't give us that, so far its been disappointing seasons. (5 years here)
We wanted decent jobs and to be treated fairly.
NZ definately didn't give us that!:
We wanted to live comfortably
NZ didn't offer us that either.
We wanted to live almost crime free/drug free society
NZ definately isn't that!
Do we expect OZ to be any different to NZ, nope, not much. But from what we have seen of OZ, it is certainly a step towards the 21st century!
Eldest has to stay in NZ to finish his degree, only then will he move out of NZ.
I thought being 12k miles away back in Uk was too selfish of us, leaving eldest alone here in NZ with no family at all, so decided to stay a few years in OZ till he gets a little older.
House in NZ has now sold!!! yeeehhhhhhhhhh
Life is tough when you have kids who settle and dont want to return to Uk just yet, too young to leave behind.
So we have had to sit these last 5 years out being in a country we dont like to be in!
At least hopping over the ditch I wont feel so bad leaving him!
Gawd this emigrating lark is tough eh?
Old May 4th 2007, 12:56 am
Back to the future!

Treacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to allTreacle Tart is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to OZ-then UK!

Originally Posted by Rascal
Hello again.
Yup, we are off to OZ!
Now before the OZ haters ask 'why?"(and I dont blame you btw) I will give you my reasons.
NZ didn't give us that.
Do we expect OZ to be any different to NZ, nope, not much. But from what we have seen of OZ, it is certainly a step towards the 21st century!
Eldest has to stay in NZ to finish his degree, only then will he move out of NZ.
I thought being 12k miles away back in Uk was too selfish of us, leaving eldest alone here in NZ with no family at all, so decided to stay a few years in OZ till he gets a little older.
Life is tough when you have kids who settle and dont want to return to Uk just yet, too young to leave behind.
So we have had to sit these last 5 years out being in a country we dont like to be in!
Hi Rascal

good luck with your move, I just hope you are not coming to Perth though .
When I read your list I had a feeling of deja vu!

Yes I agree this emigrating lark is tough, oh the benefit of hindsight!

When are you leaving?
Old May 4th 2007, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Treacle Tart
Hi Rascal

good luck with your move, I just hope you are not coming to Perth though .
When I read your list I had a feeling of deja vu!

Yes I agree this emigrating lark is tough, oh the benefit of hindsight!

When are you leaving?
Yes i agree about Perth, as most of the things on your list apply to Perth too, well for me anyway.

I just want to say well done to you for sticking it out 5 years in NZ. I have only been in Perth one year and i am in despair, no way can i imagine being here another year.

All the best to you all
Old May 4th 2007, 1:48 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rascal
Hello again.
Yup, we are off to OZ!
NZ didn't give us that.

Join the club. Been in NZ for 6 years! Im still debating a return to the UK at the end of this year. NZ has been a rollercoaster. I keep hanging on thinking it will get better...It's just good enough to keep me here, but not good enough to stop me thinking about other places.
Old May 4th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks everyone, no not Perth, reason being its too isolated for my liking, like NZ I suppose.
It will be Brisbane, I like heat
Plus the job will be there for us already!
We plan to go as soon as we know when eldest moves to Otago (he will be 18 in July) should be after Xmas sometime if not before!
Haven't stuck it out here for 5 years, trapped is the better way to describe it.