Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

moving home after 21 years

moving home after 21 years

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Brit-Girl will become famous soon enoughBrit-Girl will become famous soon enough
Default moving home after 21 years

I am moving back to the Uk after 21 years, I came to Oz when I was 18, it has been a long road, Ive tried but never settled.
I want to go now, but my British passport needs renewing, can I travel on my Australian Passport on a one way ticket to the UK and renew my British passport once I am there?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving home after 21 years

Originally Posted by Brit-Girl
I am moving back to the Uk after 21 years, I came to Oz when I was 18, it has been a long road, Ive tried but never settled.
I want to go now, but my British passport needs renewing, can I travel on my Australian Passport on a one way ticket to the UK and renew my British passport once I am there?
They'll give you the third degree because you are effectively a foreign national with a maximum 6 months stay without a leaving date. My advice would be either get your British passport in Australia or do as my wife did, she took her current Aussie passport and expired British Passport. They started to interrogate her but once she showed them her expired UK passport and birth certificate and explained that she would be renewing her British passport as a matter of priority then they let her through fine.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:31 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just renew the passport while you are still in OZ. makes things a whole lot easier.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

penny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nicepenny farthing is just really nice

Yes I agree with all the others- get Passport while you are OUTof UK-

I thought I could just go to post office while in UK ,pick up a form to renew my expiring EEC/UK, passport fill it out, mail it and 'bob's your uncle'...
absolutely no way!

They are quite clear if you are a non- resident citizen as I am, you must apply from your present country of residence and preferably mail them your old one