Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK - removal company recommendations

Moving back to UK - removal company recommendations

Old Sep 18th 2022, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all
Default Moving back to UK - removal company recommendations

Hi, we’re thinking of moving back to the UK next year after 17 years in the US and wonder if anyone would recommend a good removal company please. Also have two cats.
Thanks in advance
Old Sep 19th 2022, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

japettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond reputejapettee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK - removal company recommendations

I have the same question as you! I'm hoping to move from central MA to Lincolnshire by the end of the year. I have been in contact with Isaacs Moving and Storage (with a location in MA). I did a video call showing my possessions today and will get a quote in a few days. I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Sep 19th 2022, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Braintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to allBraintreegirl is a name known to all

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2022, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone actually used anyone already that they would recommend? Moving from upstate New York to Pembrokeshire possibly
Old Sep 24th 2022, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Russet has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond reputeRusset has a reputation beyond repute

We used Schumacher (based in NJ) earlier this year from CT to Buckinghamshire. Price was competitive and we were very pleased with the service on the US side. They assisted with all the paperwork, packers were great and so was their tracking. Our container was delayed a couple of times but this was due to the ports/shipping lines rather than the movers, everything to do with shipping was crazy at the beginning of the year. Hence door to door ended up at about 13 weeks, much longer than expected. Things fell apart a bit on the UK side though. Unfortunately, they just pass you over to a UK removal company , who were not so good. I guess it was just bad luck who we ended up with? I seem to remember a similar experience when we moved to US, the UK side were great but then the US movers were not so good as your service is just contracted out on the other side.
Old Sep 24th 2022, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Russet
We used Schumacher (based in NJ) earlier this year from CT to Buckinghamshire. Price was competitive and we were very pleased with the service on the US side. They assisted with all the paperwork, packers were great and so was their tracking. Our container was delayed a couple of times but this was due to the ports/shipping lines rather than the movers, everything to do with shipping was crazy at the beginning of the year. Hence door to door ended up at about 13 weeks, much longer than expected. Things fell apart a bit on the UK side though. Unfortunately, they just pass you over to a UK removal company , who were not so good. I guess it was just bad luck who we ended up with? I seem to remember a similar experience when we moved to US, the UK side were great but then the US movers were not so good as your service is just contracted out on the other side.
Appreciate your help - thanks