Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK, London...

Moving back to UK, London...

Old Nov 19th 2012, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

bassetuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK, London...

I am relocating back the UK with work and will be based in Chiswick, London. I will initially rent but I am looking to buy a property within 6 months on my return. Not knowing London very well, I need advice on some nice areas to buy/live ensuring my commute to Chiswick (work) does not exceed 40 mins each way.

I have a budget of 650,000 and I am looking for a detached property, min of 3 bedrooms, garden, parking/garage, low crime area and somewhere great for dogs to run about. All kids are grown up so schools are not an issue.

Also, I will be looking to purchase a boat so being near a marina/water would be great! I know my demands are high considering my budget but any advice would be appreciated.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 5:26 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice
Default Re: Moving back to UK, London...

Chiswick is a great spot and not too far from the river thames so you could find somewhere to moor your boat.
Although you may need a little extra dosh, you could try a little further down river and check out brentford, some nice spots there also.

I went to London with the intention of buying but found very few properties up for sale, and the ones that were on the market were usually well over priced or just dumps.

Good Luck
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:11 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK, London...

Richmond or Mortlake are both extremely nice and well within your budget, Richmond to be honest would be best, very nice town.