Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

This is the Moving Back to the UK Forum...

This is the Moving Back to the UK Forum...

Old Dec 27th 2006, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is the Moving Back to the UK Forum...

Originally Posted by FPM

Take a look at the % of threads from people seeking genuine info about MBTTUK and those that are Oz bashing, I think you'll find the latter in the minority. You should also note that the same people contribute to all threads (or most) so really the Oz bashing is just a sideline to the main reason for this forum, and without it, a lot of us would be severly more unhappy than is the case now.
that's true - its only recently there has been a lot of the sideline.Funny reading.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 2:49 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
What about creating a seperate , new forum for people who are unhappy with life in OZ apart from the moving back to Uk forum. Anyone have any idea's what to call it? It would be sort of the opposite of the ' barbie ' forum for people who don't like OZ or the OZ lifestyle. l think this new forum should be created because the moving back to uk forum has been overtaken by people compalining about OZ so people moving back from other countries, like Europe, Canada, NZ and people who have other question like cost of shipping etc, are being drowned out and can't get a chance to be heard properly.
Somebody already used a possible name in another thread. The Gloom Room or possibly The Ozbomination

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Dec 28th 2006 at 2:53 am.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 4:45 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Somebody already used a possible name in another thread. The Gloom Room or possibly The Ozbomination
The Doom and Gloom Room if you are going to use my idea correctly mate
Old Dec 28th 2006, 5:02 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
The Doom and Gloom Room if you are going to use my idea correctly mate
Humble apologies.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a potted guide to what the Godzone, clones etc means?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:17 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
clonezone beware the gloomers are coming to ruin your day .
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:21 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sally
Is there a potted guide to what the Godzone, clones etc means?
clones =mindless machine ,no free thinking ,acting as one .
Gloomers = dont wannabee aussies and where once cloners but have found dodgy doctor to re-implant brain cells to enable opinonated thought .
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:22 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassenach
clones =mindless machine ,no free thinking ,acting as one .
Gloomers = dont wannabee aussies and where once cloners but have found dodgy doctor to re-implant brain cells to enable opinonated thought .
Thanks - so clones are unhappy with Oz?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:30 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

No clones are people who like Australia and who certain doom and gloomers think must have no brain because they do.

Godzone is the Australia section of BE.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:30 am
Banned

yes they are but just havent realised it yet .
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:36 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

NO! Gloomers are. Clones refer to those who have undertaken 'I Love Australia and ALL Things Australian 101, 201 and 301. Gloomers have done postgrad 'Return my critical and analytical cognitive processes' 401 and 501

Hope that helps
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:45 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

yes they are but just havent realised it yet .
Hmm...that's another way of looking at it, but some do actually move on from clone stage to "I see the good and bad in Australia and it still is ok for me" 302 or never actually become clones and instead take 'I go in to Australia with an open mind' 102, 202, 312. They then end up taking "I still call Australia home" 313 or else "Get Back..(To Where You Once Belonged)" 314
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
NO! Gloomers are. Clones refer to those who have undertaken 'I Love Australia and ALL Things Australian 101, 201 and 301. Gloomers have done postgrad 'Return my critical and analytical cognitive processes' 401 and 501

Hope that helps
I would beg to differ kiwi ,i believe cloners are unhappy and we [gloomers] are the ones saved from a living hell ,i suppose you could liken it to christians and non-believers we are in the minority like christians but we know we are always right ,it is our duty to save cloners from a mindless life of trawling around shopping centres sucking on brownes coffee chill .
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Hmm...that's another way of looking at it, but some do actually move on from clone stage to "I see the good and bad in Australia and it still is ok for me" 302 or never actually become clones and instead take 'I go in to Australia with an open mind' 102, 202, 312. They then end up taking "I still call Australia home" 313 or else "Get Back..(To Where You Once Belonged)" 314
Yes we must forgive them for speaking out of hand to Gloomers ,unfortunatly they know no better and deserve our sympathy and help to move on and become a Gloomer.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 7:02 am
Jedi Princess

I would beg to differ kiwi ,i believe cloners are unhappy and we [gloomers] are the ones saved from a living hell ,i suppose you could liken it to christians and non-believers we are in the minority like christians but we know we are always right ,it is our duty to save cloners from a mindless life of trawling around shopping centres sucking on brownes coffee chill .
You have a point about cloners being unhappy but in denial. Trawling shopping centres sucking on a brownes coffee chill or spending an excessive amount of time drinking lattes at some trendy cafe spot seem to be an Australian national pastime! I even recall a post from some perth girl in uk who whinged about how she couldn't get brownes coffee chill in uk LOL

And by the way: If you ever have any hope of making it here, remember it is vital you do not order a cappacino after 10:30 am Why 10:30? Well prob cos that's when the breakfast menu ends Reminds me of that Michael Douglas movie about the guy having a bad day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.