Reload this Page >

Moving back to UK with child

Moving back to UK with child

Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:05 am
wix
Just Joined

wix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to UK with child

I am a British national from England currently in Vietnam, married to a Vietnamese woman and we have a child. We are currently applying for a British passport for our child. We want to move permanently back to England, and so we are contemplating the idea of me and our child moving back first and after six months working applying for a visa for my wife to join us.

I just want to double check that with our child having a British passport she'll have no need for any kind of visa or immigration application to come back to the UK with me?

Appreciate any info on this.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 11:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to UK with child

No. As a British citizen with a valid British passport your child can come and go from the UK with you as you please providing you have her mother's permission to remove her from Vietnam.
Old Feb 12th 2017, 12:57 pm
wix
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No. As a British citizen with a valid British passport your child can come and go from the UK with you as you please providing you have her mother's permission to remove her from Vietnam.
Thanks for your reply. Will I need some kind of letter from wife with her signed approval? Will this need any kind of check from the authorities too?
Old Feb 12th 2017, 2:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wix
Thanks for your reply. Will I need some kind of letter from wife with her signed approval? Will this need any kind of check from the authorities too?
Probably advisable to have one with you with a copy of your wife's passport in your carry-on even if you don't need it.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 1:57 am
wix
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Probably advisable to have one with you with a copy of your wife's passport in your carry-on even if you don't need it.
Thanks, that seems good advice. I'll look in to that with local authorities here. Appreciate your reply.