Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

moving back to uk after 30 yrs

moving back to uk after 30 yrs

Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

jimmy911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving back to uk after 30 yrs

I Have A British Passport And A Us Passport I Was Born In The Uk In 1964, My Father Was Us Citizen. My Son Was Born In The Us In 1997 He Also Has A Us And A British Passport. My Wife Is A Us Citizen ??? Is, I Want To Move Back To England I Know My Wife Will Need A Clearance Visa For Settlement, But Will My Son And I Need Anything To Enter Since It Has Been A Long Time Since I Was There. Thanks For Your Help
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving back to uk after 30 yrs

Originally Posted by jimmy911
I Have A British Passport And A Us Passport I Was Born In The Uk In 1964, My Father Was Us Citizen. My Son Was Born In The Us In 1997 He Also Has A Us And A British Passport. My Wife Is A Us Citizen ??? Is, I Want To Move Back To England I Know My Wife Will Need A Clearance Visa For Settlement, But Will My Son And I Need Anything To Enter Since It Has Been A Long Time Since I Was There. Thanks For Your Help

don't know why nobody has replied but I would not imagine you or your son would need anything as you are UK citizens
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
don't know why nobody has replied but I would not imagine you or your son would need anything as you are UK citizens
That's correct. A valid British passport is enough - it does not matter how long you have been away.

Your wife should get a spouse visa - http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk

She can become a naturalised British citizen after 3 years in the UK. She will not lose her US citizenship.

Jeremy
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:05 am
Banned

IN THE YEAR 2525 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try www.Britainusa.com which is the offical site.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 2:31 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jimmy911,
I am returning after a long time time as well. My parents brought me over and now I'm returning with my American husband and children. We are in for some culture shock aren't we? I can't wait though. I have never felt 'home' here. do you have family still in the UK? And where are you headed? Good luck. There is a lot of preparation but since you and son already have your British passports all your wife needs is the spousal visa.
calle