Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back, TOR process and time

Moving back, TOR process and time

Old Aug 27th 2019, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

AhmedM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back, TOR process and time

Has anyone recently moved back to UK? I understand we have to fill in TOR (transfer of residence) if we want to move our furniture and belongings. Process is the agent, packs stuff for us, gives packing list, which is to be submitted with the form. It used to take 15 days for approval but someone told me it is taking significant more time, around 60 days, which means the stuff will be in agents warehouse incurring cost per day, while we wait for approval. Also this means it will reach so late. With Brexit looming, which may add to disruption it may not be a good idea, I am thinking. Anyone can assist?
Old Aug 28th 2019, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Bikeski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving back, TOR process and time

I did it recently and it took about eight days turnaround to get the unique reference number from HMRC. They have caught up on the backlog they had earlier in the year. I made up my own list of items ahead of the shipper picking our stuff up. It’s not that difficult. The tor number is valid for a year so I just ship things across at my leisure now, no stress over things sitting in a shipper’s warehouse.

Last edited by Bikeski; Aug 28th 2019 at 1:05 am.