Moving back removal costs

Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

gapbap has a spectacular aura aboutgapbap has a spectacular aura aboutgapbap has a spectacular aura about
Default Moving back removal costs

Hi,

we are looking at moving back to UK and are somewhat shocked at the estimates from local removal companies in Calgary, Canada. They are over 50% more than the costs to move out here for an identical load!

If the costs are so high we may have to consider leaving our furniture here and buy new in the UK........

Can anyone advise any companies they may have used or aware off, or perhaps any companies in the UK that offer a service of shipping back to the UK.
Thanks in advance
GAPBAP
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:23 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back removal costs

I think someone posted costs from Edmonton recently. Found my note. c $8000 for a 20 ft container. How does that compare. A search should find the original post.

How long is it since you moved out. Gas costs are so much higher now.

Bev
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gapbap
Hi,

we are looking at moving back to UK and are somewhat shocked at the estimates from local removal companies in Calgary, Canada. They are over 50% more than the costs to move out here for an identical load!

If the costs are so high we may have to consider leaving our furniture here and buy new in the UK........

Can anyone advise any companies they may have used or aware off, or perhaps any companies in the UK that offer a service of shipping back to the UK.
Thanks in advance
GAPBAP
Hi we have just had our quote in from pickfords, NZ to UK 40ft container $20,000 (NZ)!!!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:50 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I looked at websites such as Ikea and Argos to get a rough idea of replacement costs in the UK, then decided to sell pretty much everything except personal belongings and the few that were expensive and good quaility and were bought new here. Everything else we've sold, even the contents of our kitchen cupboards! We've not had to advertise, it's all been word of mouth and a few lists put up at work! We're just about to start our last day of a 2-weekend garage sale, and already we've just about recouped the cost of our flights home!

Our shipping costs probably won't help you, but 200 cu ft, Ontario to Manchester $2500 with Global International. If you look at one of my other threads (Speaking of Shippers) you'll see why we changed from Tippett-Richardson to Global.

Good luck with it all
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

gapbap has a spectacular aura aboutgapbap has a spectacular aura aboutgapbap has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oldbag
Hi
I looked at websites such as Ikea and Argos to get a rough idea of replacement costs in the UK, then decided to sell pretty much everything except personal belongings and the few that were expensive and good quaility and were bought new here. Everything else we've sold, even the contents of our kitchen cupboards! We've not had to advertise, it's all been word of mouth and a few lists put up at work! We're just about to start our last day of a 2-weekend garage sale, and already we've just about recouped the cost of our flights home!

Our shipping costs probably won't help you, but 200 cu ft, Ontario to Manchester $2500 with Global International. If you look at one of my other threads (Speaking of Shippers) you'll see why we changed from Tippett-Richardson to Global.

Good luck with it all

Thanks for that, good ideas. We recently had a quote for a container of 450 cb ft at a cost of $9,000!!! We were somewhat shocked as this was over double the amount we spent bringing the goods to Canada, not only that 75% of our goods are already packed.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 11:20 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, good ideas. We recently had a quote for a container of 450 cb ft at a cost of $9,000!!! We were somewhat shocked as this was over double the amount we spent bringing the goods to Canada, not only that 75% of our goods are already packed.
Hi i'm just waiting for some quotes to come in, i should know on monday.......But both the people i have just had round have said that i have nowhere near as much as i was charged for coming to Canada, and i have since bought 2 sofa's and some rather lrg bedroom furniture
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sans
Hi i'm just waiting for some quotes to come in, i should know on monday.......But both the people i have just had round have said that i have nowhere near as much as i was charged for coming to Canada, and i have since bought 2 sofa's and some rather lrg bedroom furniture
Hi
Not much help but we have just had a price of $7,000 aud for a 20ft container Brisbane to Edinburgh
they are packing everything this end incl building a cage for my T.V.
and unpacking at Edinburgh

all in all i think a not bad price

Billy
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:05 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
Not much help but we have just had a price of $7,000 aud for a 20ft container Brisbane to Edinburgh
they are packing everything this end incl building a cage for my T.V.
and unpacking at Edinburgh

all in all i think a not bad price

Billy
WOW!!!! That sound cheap............got one quote today for $7700 CD Vancouver Island to Lincolnshire 675cubft groupage. And i'm guessing thats before the 12% tax they'll add on top :curse:
Old Jun 10th 2008, 11:19 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming you're in London, Ont, not UK......can I ask who gave you this ridiculous quote? I thought the one we had from T-R was bad! Like you, we've done all our own packing...only a couple of last-minute boxes left now.......try Global International.......really helpful guy, Pete, gave us the quote, and we are now going with them.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 10:48 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

20 ft container, Edmonton (Canada) to UK, full pack door to door service..........$8700 plus ins. (North American Van lines)

Another company, quoted a 40ft, same packing deal............just shy of $15k (Allied)

Needless to say, we are going to make stuff fit into a 20ft box, and leave behind whatever we can live without ! Just waiting for Allied to quote for 20ft, and have another company coming on Friday for their opinion.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:30 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Ok got 3 quotes their amazing Nanaimo to Lincolnshire groupage
Foxes UK door to door 700cubft £4810..................
Williams international CA door to door 675cubft $7700...............
AMJ Campbell International CA door to door 775cubft $6645.

So the highest cubic ft is the lowest price silly me
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:02 am
itchy feet again!

Did you mean $? Or are you moving from UK?
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:38 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by oldbag
Did you mean $? Or are you moving from UK?
Foxes quoted me in £'s thing is i came with foxes and to ship 700cubic ft here from the Uk they charged me £2300 to take it back they want £4810
Old Jun 11th 2008, 4:42 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

And the above quotes were for exactly the same stuff, but all got different footage
Old Jun 16th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Who did you get this quote from, I have removers coming in on Wednesday to measure up and quote and providing price is right will give them the go ahead there and then.

$7000.00 seems reasonable!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.