Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Moving back from Nova Scotia

Moving back from Nova Scotia

Old May 15th 2012, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

NoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really nice
Default Moving back from Nova Scotia

Hi, after being here just over two years my Canadian husband has decided he wants to return to the UK! We brought a lot over with us, thinking it would be permanent, but can't afford to take it all back. However, we will have some things and wonder about a shared container. Can anybody recommend a company in NS, please? Hoyt were the company that our UK reovers used as an agent to deliver, and they were very good. I just wondered if anybody could recommend somebody else so we can compare prices? Thanks.
Old May 15th 2012, 10:16 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving back from Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by NoreenC
Hi, after being here just over two years my Canadian husband has decided he wants to return to the UK! We brought a lot over with us, thinking it would be permanent, but can't afford to take it all back. However, we will have some things and wonder about a shared container. Can anybody recommend a company in NS, please? Hoyt were the company that our UK reovers used as an agent to deliver, and they were very good. I just wondered if anybody could recommend somebody else so we can compare prices? Thanks.
Have you thought about DIY container? We've just done it from our house in SW Ontario to our house in Lancashire, UK. A 20ft sole use container. In total we saved $4,500 from the quote given by the removers who did our UK to Canada move. We hired a couple of removal guys in Ontario who packed the container for us on the driveway (charged us $90 per hour for the two of them) then we unpacked it ourselves at UK end. No hassle really as the shipping company and the agent who booked it all for us in Canada dealt with all the customs etc. I can PM the details of the agent in Ontario if you would like to see if he could help you.
Old May 16th 2012, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

NoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really niceNoreenC is just really nice
Default Re: Moving back from Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by gillyd65
Have you thought about DIY container? We've just done it from our house in SW Ontario to our house in Lancashire, UK. A 20ft sole use container. In total we saved $4,500 from the quote given by the removers who did our UK to Canada move. We hired a couple of removal guys in Ontario who packed the container for us on the driveway (charged us $90 per hour for the two of them) then we unpacked it ourselves at UK end. No hassle really as the shipping company and the agent who booked it all for us in Canada dealt with all the customs etc. I can PM the details of the agent in Ontario if you would like to see if he could help you.
Hi, yes, if you can PM please I would appreciate it. I'm interested in seeing your house is in Lancashire. I'm from Somerset but thinking of going to Lancashire. Have you settled back there okay?