Mother Nature.....

Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mother Nature.....

...has a sick sense of humour!
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:17 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mother Nature.....

Originally Posted by Scout
...has a sick sense of humour!
What's happened?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
What's happened?

8 more inches of the frozen stuff is in the process of happening. Not to mention Mr Scout decided to backseat drive me one time too many. The car is at the bottom of the hill........he can dig it out when the snow stops........at the rate it's falling I reckon we may can free it by the Grand National.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:42 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scout
8 more inches of the frozen stuff is in the process of happening. Not to mention Mr Scout decided to backseat drive me one time too many. The car is at the bottom of the hill........he can dig it out when the snow stops........at the rate it's falling I reckon we may can free it by the Grand National.
Wow, I must have missed the weather report, I thought it was thawing out everywhere. Here the problem is it's like an ice rink with an inch of slippery water sitting on top. Even Suzy was slithering all over the shop, and she's got 4-wheel drive.

You didn't leave Mr Scout IN the car, did you?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 7:50 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

What part of Wales? I hope my Mom got home before it got worse again. She was supposed to be flying up to Manchester tuesday evening (I know she got to London she text me she did)
She has a neighbor picking her up and they live on top of a steep hill
Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm in the SE Valleys....but pretty much it's covering all of Wales now.

Check out the radar (It's all snow):

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

38 effing degrees here with humidity off the scale. Couldn't ride last night, electricity cut out with all the a/c activity, very little sleep. Lousy aussie weather, you can shove it up your arse.

Feel better now.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Ciderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud ofCiderman has much to be proud of

Had a big dump of snow last night here in Wiltshire but it seems to be warming quickly today and the forecast is for warmer weather.

The snow makes the villages a perfect chocolate box picture but it does make getting about a challenge sometimes. Reckon all-season tyres- like in Canada- would make sense for the UK. I was out driving the other day on a snowy road, , only going about 10mph, barely touched the brakes and started to slide.

Amazing the difference in grip between summer and all-season tyres.
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Not had snow for 2 days where i am, but it's very icy outside.
On Monday i spent 2 hours digging my car out of the snow and making a nice clean patch for me to park. Tues morning someone had parked their car in my newly shovelled patch (outside my door)..i caught up with the guy and told him to move his car. The cheeky bastard. I told him i didn't break my back digging a patch for the likes of him
Old Jan 13th 2010, 3:28 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm scared to mention it in case it tempts fortune, but we've been clear and more or less dry here in Whitby for days. Cold wind, but absolutely no snow or ice.

Fine by me! I've been getting my brisk walks by the sea again.

Much sympathy for everyone stuck by snow or ice.

Bev
Old Jan 13th 2010, 5:48 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

We had about 6 inches of the stuff today. An ambulance was called to my building today and firemen in a 4 wheel drive had to accompany them in case they got stuck with a patient!! It was just a bit kinda sleety and light when I went to bed last night, I got up this morning to a Winter Wonderland and it's been on and off all day and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the same tomorrow.

Give me this over the stinking Aussie heat they are having at the moment!!
Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:19 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beedubya
We had about 6 inches of the stuff today. An ambulance was called to my building today and firemen in a 4 wheel drive had to accompany them in case they got stuck with a patient!! It was just a bit kinda sleety and light when I went to bed last night, I got up this morning to a Winter Wonderland and it's been on and off all day and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the same tomorrow.

Give me this over the stinking Aussie heat they are having at the moment!!
LOL..yep, even though i have been stuck in the snow afew times and nearly crashed into a lampost due to ice, i would still rather be here than in OZ
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
LOL..yep, even though i have been stuck in the snow afew times and nearly crashed into a lampost due to ice, i would still rather be here than in OZ
Just read the local West Aus and the five day forecast...the temp goes up and up....like a slow basting in an oven...and what are the comments next to these temps?....."Warm"....oh and on Sunday we should be having a 42...and the comment said "Hot"...better comment....but "Hot"...should be "ruddy sweltering...tooooo hot to do anything....sleep,eat...(I wish..lol) walk"....a "friend" said and "go to the beach that will cool you down"....not with our new friendly sharks swimming around the North and South beaches.....really give me the cold any day.....
Old Jan 13th 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
38 effing degrees here with humidity off the scale. Couldn't ride last night, electricity cut out with all the a/c activity, very little sleep. Lousy aussie weather, you can shove it up your arse.

Feel better now.
LOL have to agree with you...even with the air con on it's not great....just do not like the nights when it's like this....cannot sleep with the air con on....you cannot survive without it off....hence eye bags you can do a good "shop" with..lol