Mortgage in Uk

Old May 4th 2019, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Elnino05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mortgage in Uk

Hello Everyone.

What are the chances of securing a mortgage in Uk moving back from Canada. My husband currently works in Uk although just for a month so there is a UK income. We have a house on rent to which mortgage is up to date and I still have all my Uk cards .

Secondly, would I be able to access the equity on my rental property in addition to funds from Canada to secure a new mortgage. Would the financial companies consider my husbands payslips as he is self employed in Uk and mine to which I am still in employment in Canada.

Just wondering if this is possible. Any advice or prior experience would be appreciated.
Old May 13th 2019, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

deepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond reputedeepcpearl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mortgage in Uk

I moved back to the UK from Canada 4 years ago but despite having an ongoing business that I was intending to continue in the UK with the same clients I'd had for the previous 6 years, and being able to produce Canadian tax returns, I was told by every bank that they wanted to see 2 years' UK tax returns before they'd consider a mortgage.

Oh, one bank did say if I was to lodge 500,000 pounds in an account with them, then they'd loan me 200,000.

I'm back in Canada.
Old May 13th 2019, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

brokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mortgage in Uk

Go see a mortgage advisor. I came back and I was offered a mortgage - only one lender was prepared to take me on but i think it is worth trying if only to see whats on offer