Methods of paying taxes

Old Dec 19th 2015, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Methods of paying taxes

I have some state taxes I need to pay in the U.S. What are the options for getting them paid? I was hoping I could buy something through the post office such as an international money order in dollars but they don't do that sort of thing. I can certainly get bank drafts from my bank but I'd rather keep my banking info private (or at least as private as possible) if I can so would prefer to use another method. I know there exists some transparency between the two countries re banking and that's okay; however, these are state taxes and once paid, it's a done deal. The IRS will have my bank info but I don't particularly want to give it out to a state because this will be a once only payment.

In the USA I could use cheques or money orders. Unfortunately I did not leave open a bank account in the USA.

A friend in the USA said it's possible to get Western Union money orders in U.S. dollars here but I have had no luck in finding that to be the case.

Any suggestions as to how to pay these or is my only option international bank drafts from my bank?

How do you all handle tax payments when you didn't leave a bank account open overseas?
Old Dec 20th 2015, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Methods of paying taxes

Originally Posted by windsong
I have some state taxes I need to pay in the U.S. What are the options for getting them paid? I was hoping I could buy something through the post office such as an international money order in dollars but they don't do that sort of thing. I can certainly get bank drafts from my bank but I'd rather keep my banking info private (or at least as private as possible) if I can so would prefer to use another method. I know there exists some transparency between the two countries re banking and that's okay; however, these are state taxes and once paid, it's a done deal. The IRS will have my bank info but I don't particularly want to give it out to a state because this will be a once only payment.

In the USA I could use cheques or money orders. Unfortunately I did not leave open a bank account in the USA.

A friend in the USA said it's possible to get Western Union money orders in U.S. dollars here but I have had no luck in finding that to be the case.

Any suggestions as to how to pay these or is my only option international bank drafts from my bank?

How do you all handle tax payments when you didn't leave a bank account open overseas?
The IRS and my state both allow you to use a credit card to make payments (for a significant fee). Not sure why you're so concerned about your US state getting a UK bank draft from you.
Old Dec 20th 2015, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Methods of paying taxes

Ah ha! Credit - or debit card - didn't occur to me.just have to find out how to do this. Thanks so much.