Me in the Midlands

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:04 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me in the Midlands

Originally Posted by scampicat
We have had a telephone interview for the home/petsitting, it is looking very good, the guy says we will be called for a formal interview soon.

Oh to be doing something useful again, it is doing me the world of good! I am also doing some bookkeeping for a small business and am today starting my first stint as Steward at church. (and so is my husband).

There was nothing I could do in Spain that I wanted to do and although I enjoyed my time there, I was beginning to vegetate. I used to say it would be lovely to read all day, but now I've had to do it, I think it can wait until I am in my eighties.

As my friend always says, I need concrete around me.....scenery is to look at on holiday.
We have had an interview and been taken on. The person interviewing was delighted with our experience (of pet sitting and home exchange holidays) and impressed by our hospitality, friendlienss and love of animals.

We should be offered work very soon.

Absolutely delighted !
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

well done Scampicat!! So can you specify the area you will go to?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:34 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
well done Scampicat!! So can you specify the area you will go to?

You can accept or refuse any job. This particular agency, based in Shropshire, goes as far north as Manchester, and also into the East and West Midlands and Wales.

We have said we are prepared to go anywhere at any time including Christmas, New Year and Bank Holidays (for which you get paid extra).
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Scampicat, good to hear all is well, sound slike you have a great life ahead.
Old Feb 8th 2012, 7:59 pm
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by pwwm
Well done Scampicat, good to hear all is well, sound slike you have a great life ahead.

Thanks, how kind
Old Feb 9th 2012, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Please keep us posted, this is something I would be thinking about for the future...
Old Feb 9th 2012, 11:03 pm
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by killerhales
Please keep us posted, this is something I would be thinking about for the future...

Certainly will!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

Been back permanently since the 10th December....loving it, even though it's dartk and cold....SO GLAD we did not sell our house when we went to Spain in 2004.

Our Spanish house sale is due for completion in January. I know i will never again have such a beautiful house, in such a beautiful location, with great neighbours...but nevertheless we are not missing it at all and feel so peaceful to be back in our Victorian terraced house that we bought in 1976.

Peace.

Happy you are back where you feel good.
I haven't followed your story but you say so many positive things about Spain,so a bit confused.

What is it about England that is such a draw.
Is it that feeling of belonging?

I am sure you are thrilled to be back home/Good Luck.
Old Feb 13th 2012, 2:33 pm
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by VivDee
Happy you are back where you feel good.
I haven't followed your story but you say so many positive things about Spain,so a bit confused.

What is it about England that is such a draw.
Is it that feeling of belonging
?

I am sure you are thrilled to be back home/Good Luck.
It's quite simple ....however nice Spain is, it was never home.

England is home.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that. England is home for me to. (Luke)
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

England is home.
I also agree with that, I have positive things to say about Canada, however I miss the english culture and bannter.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

VivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura aboutVivDee has a spectacular aura about

England is home.
Understood.

Did you ever hear the saying.

"I traveled al over the World looking for the perfect place,only to find it was where I came from in the first place"

So true for many.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:44 pm
Ex Expat

Glad so many agree with me!

I read in a novel once, when a mystic lady was explaining 'home' to a child and she said it was the place you were tied to by a magic rope and no matter where you went, the rope was always very gently pulling.

I quite like that.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by VivDee
Understood.

Did you ever hear the saying.

"I traveled al over the World looking for the perfect place,only to find it was where I came from in the first place"

So true for many.
Now that is a true saying.

I think by trying different countries we learn to appreciate what we had in the UK. In my case, I will never slag british tv or royal mail again.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:44 pm
Ex Expat

UPDATE ON HOUSE SALE:

The new paperwork has been completed and registration is now complete.

The sale contract has been signed

Now all that has to happen is for the bank to value the property (for the third time ) and make our buyer his formal mortgage offer. His informal offer is still in date. Let's hope they don't change their mind.

I feel sick with anxiety/excitement.

We have also had four house/pet sitting jobs offered by the agency.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.