Maternity Allowance

Old Nov 30th 2010, 2:41 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice
Default Maternity Allowance

Hi there,

My husband and I will be moving back to the UK from Brisbane in February 2011 - I am currently pregnant due in January - just wondering if anyone knew if I would be entitled to any kind of maternity allowance or other benefit. I intend to return to work after 6 months.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Sarah
Old Nov 30th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Maternity Allowance

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Hi there,

My husband and I will be moving back to the UK from Brisbane in February 2011 - I am currently pregnant due in January - just wondering if anyone knew if I would be entitled to any kind of maternity allowance or other benefit. I intend to return to work after 6 months.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Sarah
Probably not. To get maternity allowance you need to be in employment for a set time period prior to getting pregnant and the early weeks.

As you are not a single mum you cant get income support and not at present a job seeker cant get job seekers allowance. If your hubby will be trying to claim benefits as a job seeker he will claim as a couple getting something for you.

Look on here for benefits advice. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=139

Though once baby is born you can get child benefit and child tax credits depending on household income.