Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Lost my sense of humour and personality!!

Wikiposts

Lost my sense of humour and personality!!

Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:52 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost my sense of humour and personality!!

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
listen girl ............ you can go to a spa and have fab day without WAX ..... a spa is all about hot water and steam and showers and relax and masages and nobody gives a damn what your bikini line is like ... you go for the water treatments in a bikini or one piece ........

try it - you'd love it
I'd quite fancy a massage... muse...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I'm I the only person who's never had a bikini wax? Actually I've never been to a spa/beautician in my life. Just wondering if I'm unusual.
I haven't been either, maybe we're weird, but I would rather take care of my bits by myself
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly it doesn't appeal to me, mind you either does Pole dancing but I'm trying that tomorrow night (hen night) I'll need a trip to a spa after that.
ELAINE, you little hussy, hee, hee
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:14 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Thats how i feel would love a good belly laugh with peeps i have things in common with, where the hell is my sense of humour, please, oh , please come back i want to be myself and sick of being someone am not, !!!!!
hi mags

it'll come back don't you worry. mine does once i get with my people. my husband loves to see me bent over having a good old belly laugh when i'm back home....just bide your time and keep looking forward....((hugs))
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

LOL nobody goes near my private bits with hot wax - are you all nuts????

As for the need for a good belly laugh - I tend to get out the "As Time Goes By" or "My Family" dvds and sit down with coffee and chocolate and giggle my way through a series - or if I am really feeling bad, my universal pickmeup is the divine Rufus Sewell in "Taming of the Shrew" - I dont stop laughing from beginning to end. Aint no real people around here who have as warped a sense of humour as I do unfortunately.

I find that the real "me" deserts me on the train trip to Heathrow usually.

The DH is away in the bush this weekend so I am going to indulge in all my UK dvds and s*d the housework!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll
LOL nobody goes near my private bits with hot wax - are you all nuts????

As for the need for a good belly laugh - I tend to get out the "As Time Goes By" or "My Family" dvds and sit down with coffee and chocolate and giggle my way through a series - or if I am really feeling bad, my universal pickmeup is the divine Rufus Sewell in "Taming of the Shrew" - I dont stop laughing from beginning to end. Aint no real people around here who have as warped a sense of humour as I do unfortunately.

I find that the real "me" deserts me on the train trip to Heathrow usually.

The DH is away in the bush this weekend so I am going to indulge in all my UK dvds and s*d the housework!
OOOh, I love "As Time Goes By" especially Judy Dench, she's my favourite actress. For the next year I have decided to rent movies every weekend, mainly British ones that I can watch before I finally move back home. I have written up a list and have already watched "Bend it Like Beckham" and "Mrs. Henderson Presents." Definitely keeps me going and gets me back in touch with my British side.

I haven't heard of "My Family" though. What's that
Old Sep 19th 2008, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade

I haven't heard of "My Family" though. What's that
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257315/ Robert Lindsay and Zoe Wannamaker - very funny to my warped SOH!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats how i feel would love a good belly laugh with peeps i have things in common with, where the hell is my sense of humour, please, oh , please come back i want to be myself and sick of being someone am not, !!!!!

see if this cheers you up.

http://www.pomfm.com/viral-video/200...ushy-peas.html
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quoll
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257315/ Robert Lindsay and Zoe Wannamaker - very funny to my warped SOH!
Thanks, I'll have to see if I can get my hands on that
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Margaret3 I know exactly were you are coming from - it does get so hard sometimes doesn't it!! I could do with a good laugh myself!!

And quoll, I absolutely love "As Time Goes By" - Judi Dench is one of my favourite actresses. Funny thing is, I never watched it when I lived in the UK, but I've watched it heaps of times since living in Oz - it's just so comforting and reassuringly British!! It's just so ME!!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manc1
lmao ,i liked it

Must try to get my hands on 'still game' dvds
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Oh Margaret3 I know exactly were you are coming from - it does get so hard sometimes doesn't it!! I could do with a good laugh myself!!

And quoll, I absolutely love "As Time Goes By" - Judi Dench is one of my favourite actresses. Funny thing is, I never watched it when I lived in the UK, but I've watched it heaps of times since living in Oz - it's just so comforting and reassuringly British!! It's just so ME!!

Mind you at least the kids still make me laugh at times, my 9 year old was looking at something to do with the killing of seals on the computer and you had to sign an email petition, some person had wrote 'this is awful, makes you feel so guilty',(which it is, dont get me wrong, lol) my 9 year old turned round to me and her sister and said, it makes you feel guilty for about an hour , then you get over it and used to it, its just her to a tee

'As time goes by' and 'my family' just dont do it for me, i need some 'still game' and riki fulton
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Funny you say that. My daughter started going on about having a "landing strip" to her friends who were round for coffee the other day. Being a complete twozzer and out of touch I didnt know what she was talking about so made an arse of myself and asked..... when all was explained, i announced i wouldnt be having one as no one evers lands there these days

I have the whole lot off, the girls in the office persuaded me to try it and I have to say there is no going back for me.

My friend said 'I aint having my fanny looking like a 10 year old'

I dont even think of my beaver in the same light as a bloody 10 year old, its my fanny and I dont do minge rugs.

Anyway, I toodle along to the salon this morning after 3 hours sleep last night with my sore throat and chest infection, coughing my guts up.

A new therapist leads me to the room and asks me to 'get my undies off' - I nearly died, where was my regular girl who knew my beaver bits inside and out - literally?

I don't like change, this new girl might be useless and circumcise me or something.

She turned out to be very good and made 'small talk' while she introduced herself to my minge - it was all very professional, I just get used to the same girl and am a bit nervous when the new girls take over.

Well blow me, she then went over my lady garden with the tweezers to make sure everything had gone - well I never!

Now we are going to have a big mortgage (if the house purchase goes through OK), Mr PP said we are going to have to make cutbacks. Well I shall go without food rather than my beaver wax, I look like I have a blonde shagpile rug between my legs and I have a fully fledged 'panty beard' if I let it grow and I can't shave there because last time I did, I cut myself so badly I had to sit on a cold flannel for some time afterwards resembling a badly sliced porky pig with the amount of blood.

So I am back in my house, coughing my guts up but I am ever so smooth. I have just had a coffee and I am watching Peter Kay 'Phoenix Nights' and am contemplating going out and buying myself some chocolate as I need cheering up.

Why is it when you are ill you feel really ugly and nasty????

I am excited about the house yet scared we are going to be so skint for the next few months and there is me blowing $60 on having my minge waxed - never mind the garden in our house, it would be a rain forest if I let my lady garden grow.

That has been my Saturday morning so far.

Who would like some chocolate from the shop? Or if anyone is in Freo, who fancies a coffee round at mine?

Last edited by Cheetah7; Sep 19th 2008 at 3:25 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
I haven't been either, maybe we're weird, but I would rather take care of my bits by myself
Me too. When I was living in Spain I had one of those personal wax machine things. I did my own legs and bikini lines. Lots of screaming involved.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm I the only person who's never had a bikini wax? Actually I've never been to a spa/beautician in my life. Just wondering if I'm unusual.
Have to say, doesn't appeal to me either! So many people say it makes them feel good, but even the thought of it makes me feel the opposite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.