Wikiposts

Los Angeles to Dorking

Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:21 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Los Angeles to Dorking

Originally Posted by dunroving
It just struck me to look up this old BE article. It was taken from a thread I started in 2006 (or a post I made, can't recall) and I guess one of the mods took it and made it into one of the BE news articles.

It's just another reminder of the mental aspect of moving countries. It's not a case of where is better (or best). For at least two years, probably more, after moving I would have given my right arm to be back on that windy, warm spring evening listening to the baseball and walking the dog without needing a rain coat! But with time and a good kick in the pants, I have slowly but surely come to appreciate the best of both worlds and accept that yuo can't have it all. There are still aspects of life in the US that I sorely miss, but there are very pragmatic reasons for being better off here.

For the OP, LA is LA, Dorking is Dorking. You can't move LA to Dorking and vice versa - but that doesn't stop us wishing we could!
Just read the article and probably shouldn't have, as that's how i've been feeling. Really good article though.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:49 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

I used to live in Woking, Surrey. I've visited Dorking several times. Denbigh's Wine Estate is fantastic. I've worked in Esher. Would I move to Dorking ? Yes please. Oh hang on a minute.......property prices
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Guildford for 10 years. Loved all the area around it.

Dorking is a great place to live. You'll find a house you like
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:57 pm
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I lived in Guildford for 10 years. Loved all the area around it.

Dorking is a great place to live. You'll find a house you like
My parents have a house there. We are going to sell that and buy a bigger one for our entire family, 4-5 bed. We are all pretty close so hoping it works out.

Dorking is lovely though. The 25 pound return to central london isn't awesome though.