locusts

Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default locusts

The nearly ex other half went down to Albany wednesday.
He got home this evening and said that he had been driving for well over 100 kilometres through swarms of locusts.
The car is covered with them and the remains. He had to stop at several garages on the way to clean the windows.

Whisky :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:25 pm
STRIKE HARD STRIKE SURE

Whitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to beholdWhitby whaler is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: locusts

It could be worse, we do the same here in Whitby uk in the summer except they are called tourist.

Nigel.
Old Dec 1st 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: locusts

Originally Posted by Whitby whaler
It could be worse, we do the same here in Whitby uk in the summer except they are called tourist.

Nigel.
Lol
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 6:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whisky
The nearly ex other half went down to Albany wednesday.
He got home this evening and said that he had been driving for well over 100 kilometres through swarms of locusts.
The car is covered with them and the remains. He had to stop at several garages on the way to clean the windows.

Listening to the ABC/BBC cricket commentary and they just discussed locusts - apparently they gather on the roads, the birds eat them but are then too fat to fly away, so they get hit by the next vehicle. Result is a very messy road, covered with squashed birds and semi-digested locusts!!
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Listening to the ABC/BBC cricket commentary and they just discussed locusts - apparently they gather on the roads, the birds eat them but are then too fat to fly away, so they get hit by the next vehicle. Result is a very messy road, covered with squashed birds and semi-digested locusts!!
Polly

When I say swarms he said that you couldnt see the road to about knee high. I should have taken a photo of the car, oh blast
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by whisky
Polly

When I say swarms he said that you couldnt see the road to about knee high. I should have taken a photo of the car, oh blast
bet your glad your going home..
i hate any kind of insect, i squash everything i see, nasty bugs
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulrachel
bet your glad your going home..
i hate any kind of insect, i squash everything i see, nasty bugs
I am really. Not that keen on the creepies here, but the main reason is thatI will be glad to beable to let the dog off the lead. Shes a jack russell, and hunting in the grass and bushes has had to stop while here. She doesn't actually kill anything but loves to find things and expects them to play with her. Been a bit worried incase she tried it with a snake etc.