Liverpool - Scousers

Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

ldoherty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Liverpool - Scousers

Can someone please inform me about why Londoners & Mancoonians do not get on w/ Scousers.. Is this just a sterotype or is there some facts to this .. If so why?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Liverpool - Scousers

Originally Posted by ldoherty
Can someone please inform me about why Londoners & Mancoonians do not get on w/ Scousers.. Is this just a sterotype or is there some facts to this .. If so why?
scousers are alien, cannot speak english and smell so that the blind can hate them as well.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by odaat
scousers are alien, cannot speak english and smell so that the blind can hate them as well.
So, you are saying this is fact?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by odaat
ps , they have all got girly haircuts and mustaches ( including the women)
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the answer lies here....

http://stats.football.co.uk/hist/overall/attable.html

Or alternatively
Liverpool FC 18 league championships, 4 european cups
That other team in Liverpool 9 league championships
MUFC 14 League championships (plus City won it twice!!!), 2 european cups
Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs together 15 league championships, No european cup

Yeah, I realise its ancient history, and for the sake of argument league championship means premiership and old Div 1, and european cup means the premier european trophy on offer at the time (now the Champions league)

Last edited by iaink; Feb 17th 2005 at 5:54 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
Why is there the dislike of Scousers? I am sure it deeper than football. I fell in love w/ Liverpool while I was there. What am I missing?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:49 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Why is there the dislike of Scousers? I am sure it deeper than football. I fell in love w/ Liverpool while I was there. What am I missing?
I am from Manchester, yet lived in Liverpool. The word hate is a bit strong.

friendly banter is more like how I would describe it.

Most of it stems from the fact that it's only 35 miles apart between the two places, yet each city and surrounding area are home to approximately 14 million people.

Also you have 4 big time professional football teams to add into the mix.

It's like the New York Jets fans and Miami Dolphins fans living 35 miles apart.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Manc
I am from Manchester, yet lived in Liverpool. The word hate is a bit strong.

friendly banter is more like how I would describe it.

Most of it stems from the fact that it's only 35 miles apart between the two places, yet each city and surrounding area are home to approximately 14 million people.

Also you have 4 big time professional football teams to add into the mix.

It's like the New York Jets fans and Miami Dolphins fans living 35 miles apart.
So its not as serious as some people make it out?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Media portrayal is probably the biggest issue. Not many people used to dislike scousers when they were best known for the 4 famous ones in that band back in the 60s???

Maybe its Cilla Black and Jimmy Tarbucks fault, if its true at all.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Also in the 1800's the cotton mills in Manchester had to get their cotton via the ports in Liverpool which apparently (a bit before my time) charged a lot of money. This lead to Manchester being a tad depressed and Liverpool quite salubrious.

Queen Victoria summed it up by saying once "the men of Manchester and the Gentlemen of Liverpool."
So us mancs thought, ***** this, and built a canal to their own docks 40 miles inland to bypass the Liverpool docks and a major source of income to Liverpool was lost.

This lead to the decline (along with the loss of shipbuilding as a major industry)
of Liverpool from which it has struggled to emerge from.

and the fact that they're thieving junkies.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:58 pm
@matthewb76

and both mancunians and scousers think that Londoners are shandy drinking southern queers.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

and both mancunians and scousers think that Londoners are shandy drinking southern queers.
I found that out as well..

Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

megs is on a distinguished road

Not just mancunians and scousers; tykes and every other northerner knows that to be fact. Southern jessies, the lot of 'em
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:58 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by megs
Not just mancunians and scousers; tykes and every other northerner knows that to be fact. Southern jessies, the lot of 'em
Hey Megs. sent you a PM.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

But it's true!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.