Linen sizes

Old Jul 2nd 2011, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

aries_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rougharies_bird is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Linen sizes

Originally Posted by DDL
All rulers do not because it took me awhile to find one with inches/cm.

Metric measurements has been one of the hardest thing for me to get my ahead around since moving here. Sometimes things are shown in inches, but its usually cm, etc. (draperies, rugs, etc.) and then liquids in ml, etc. Give me my inches and ounces, please!!!!!!!!!
I do understand. I think quite a number of people my age (40's) were brought up in imperial which then changed to metric so I don't feel 100% comfortable with either but I do understand both to an extent. However, if I were to imagine a height I imagine it in feet and inches but imagine a width I imagine it in milimetres, large volumes are gallons and pints and small ones millilitres. Weight is in stones and pounds but baking ingredients in grammes and distance in miles and feet.

Ask me to convert one to the other......not a chance!