Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Letton Percival - Shiiping Insurance Great Value

Letton Percival - Shiiping Insurance Great Value

Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

James_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really niceJames_SC is just really nice
Default Letton Percival - Shiiping Insurance Great Value

I know there are a few references to these guys, but thought a fresh one would not do any harm.

Letton Percival fully comp shipping insurance, including packing and unpacking by your shipper = Aus to UK..... only 1.4% of value of goods.

The 3 quotes I got from shpping companies ranged from 3.25% to 4.5%!

LP are also very professional.

Worth checking out if you are making the move home.

J
Old Jan 26th 2012, 4:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Letton Percival - Shiiping Insurance Great Value

They do have a great rep, that's for sure.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 5:52 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James_SC
I know there are a few references to these guys, but thought a fresh one would not do any harm.

Letton Percival fully comp shipping insurance, including packing and unpacking by your shipper = Aus to UK..... only 1.4% of value of goods.

The 3 quotes I got from shpping companies ranged from 3.25% to 4.5%!

LP are also very professional.

Worth checking out if you are making the move home.

J
+1 We used them going to Canada and will use them back to the UK, great company and great price
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

I used them moving back to the UK last year, great rates and very clear on what you need to declare on the policy to ensure it is covered.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

My stuff is on the water right now, insured by LP. Very good, clear communications (and a great price at 1.4%)
If we recommend them will they give us pressies like Ozforex ;-)
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:25 am
Just Joined

inaquandry is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone who used Letton Percival to insure household shipments from two countries to the UK last year and had a claim on one shipment, I would like to recommend them too. The claim was dealt with by the insurer promptly and fairly, no hassles.

Many years ago it took us 6 months to settle with a removalist's (supposedly) in-house insurer, and it was a matter of being beaten down by them at every step - not what you need at the end of a big move. I was also in the removals/shipping business and know that the insurance premium is a big revenue generator - they put a large mark-up on it.

Tip: when getting removalists to quote, don't let on that you will be buying the insurance elsewhere. You can let them know that when you accept their quote.