THE LAST WEEK

Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default THE LAST WEEK

Oh well my last week in OZ has finally arrived before we start our journey back to the UK on Friday. The packers are here as I speak and we will be sleeping on airbeds again for a few days. You get the same feelings of am I doing the right thing like when you first leave the UK but too late now.I will miss some things but at the end of the day not all of us were happy and that is why I looked to go back. Just going to look forward now and onwards and up. Its going to be tough for the first year but we will get through it.
Good luck to those returning or thinking of returning. Just go with your gut feeling. Happiness doesnt depend on the country you live in its all about what you make of life.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE LAST WEEK

Originally Posted by garyp
Oh well my last week in OZ has finally arrived before we start our journey back to the UK on Friday. The packers are here as I speak and we will be sleeping on airbeds again for a few days. You get the same feelings of am I doing the right thing like when you first leave the UK but too late now.I will miss some things but at the end of the day not all of us were happy and that is why I looked to go back. Just going to look forward now and onwards and up. Its going to be tough for the first year but we will get through it.
Good luck to those returning or thinking of returning. Just go with your gut feeling. Happiness doesnt depend on the country you live in its all about what you make of life.
Good luck with your move, I hope to be doing the same thing in January after 34 yrs in the US..
Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Just going to look forward now and onwards and up. Its going to be tough for the first year but we will get through it.

What a great attitude Im sure with that outlook everything will just fall into place for you I hope all goes well with the move
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Gill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud of

Wow! I didn't realize from your other posts that you were so close to leaving! I wish you the best of luck with your move. As you say, the first year will be full of ups and downs, but at the end of it you will hopefully feel settled and be happy you made the decision to go back.

Please keep us updated on how you find things are when you first return.

We also have the "are we doing the right thing" doubts, but we are going with our gut feelings on this and rather than wait it out for another year to see how we feel, we'd rather get on with building our life again in the UK asap.

Our house is getting packed up on 7th December, then we are moving into a holiday rental for 5 weeks while my Mam and Dad visit, then we fly on 12th Jan.

Again - best of luck. I hope everything works out
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Steveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the roughSteveclare is a jewel in the rough

We are in the same position at the moment, we leave next Thursday and like you not all of us are happy here. We said for the start that we would give it a good go and if one of us wasn't happy we would leave.
I def agree with your outlook on life you just have to work at it.
Good Luck
Old Nov 7th 2010, 1:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

The best of luck with it all and don't forget to come back and update us when you get to the other side
Old Nov 7th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

The 'not all of us were happy' statement in your post had me wondering. Does it imply some of your family were happy...and some not? Just wondered if that is the case, how you reconciled the decision in relation to differing opinions?

Best of luck with the move.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Gary! The weather has turned a bit grey and grumpy today but it has been pretty good for the past 3 weeks (still havent worn the brand new down jacket I bought for the trip in February!!!)

The autumn colours are going now which is a shame, they have been brilliant, so dont be surprised that it is going to look rather grey - but spring wont be far away and in 4 months there will be a riot of colour once more.

There seems to me to be so much to do here - and not just because I am in tourist mode. I hope your move is smooth and you can get back into a routine and begin to appreciate everything that is wonderful around here!