Just Ranting

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:30 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just Ranting

Originally Posted by Dorothy
But is it the Australian government or the British government who processes the visa applications for UK? I would have thought it would have been the British government so therefore nothing to do with Australia. Oh well, easier to blame Australia, I guess.
What has the government got to do with it? It is the staff employed by the High Commision doing the work, running the supposed waste of space helpline. Dont tell me they only employ British people?

I guess post 8 on this thread is also crap in your eyes too. The link to the thread on a immigration forum 29 pages long saying the exact same things about the ridiculous incomptence of the Australian visa processors compared to most other places in the world. Give me one good reason why USA, can do them in 2 weeks. NZ 4 weeks, yet Aus is taking 12 - 14???

Oh well... easier to blame the Brit government for penalising Brits in Oz i guess
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
What has the government got to do with it? It is the staff employed by the High Commision doing the work, running the supposed waste of space helpline. Dont tell me they only employ British people?

I guess post 8 on this thread is also crap in your eyes too. The link to the thread on a immigration forum 29 pages long saying the exact same things about the ridiculous incomptence of the Australian visa processors compared to most other places in the world. Give me one good reason why USA, can do them in 2 weeks. NZ 4 weeks, yet Aus is taking 12 - 14???

Oh well... easier to blame the Brit government for penalising Brits in Oz i guess
Maybe because there are more people applying from Australia than those other countries? Shear volume would be my guess. It is something to ask at the British High Commission, though. And where did I ever say any of the posts on here were crap. You really need to take that chip off your shoulder.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:51 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Maybe because there are more people applying from Australia than those other countries? Shear volume would be my guess. It is something to ask at the British High Commission, though. And where did I ever say any of the posts on here were crap. You really need to take that chip off your shoulder.

MOre than USA? I dont think so... and if that is the case they need more staff eh?

Dorothy, judging from your usual sarcastic manner and the last sentence of your post, it would not be out of the bounds or reason to suspect you considered what i had previously written was crap. Just my way of articulating your undertones.

I do not have a chip on my shoulder regarding yourself, but i am rapidly gathering one about the compentency of organisations in this country. I dont give a toss whether you like or dislike me slating Australians. It gets on my tits and i will exercise my right to say so, and if you dont like it, you dont have to read my threads. I am not abusing people personally but making general comments
I am yet to see you in the barbie saying the same thing to people slating the British workforce... and actually... i dont recount yourself or Moneypen in your supposed moderating role having any problems whatsoever with an entire thread being posted in the barbie abusing and blanket ridiculing of all the people who post in the moving back to uk forum. In fact i get the feeling it was revelled in.

Enjoy your evening
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 7:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
i dont recount yourself or Moneypen in your supposed moderating role having any problems whatsoever with an entire thread being posted in the barbie abusing and blanket ridiculing of all the people who post in the moving back to uk forum. In fact i get the feeling it was revelled in.

Enjoy your evening
Did anyone report anything in the thread you're referring to? No, they didn't. They were discussing whether some people on here were more sensitive than others and there were posts on there from people who post in MB regularly and discussing the subject including yourself. If you believed that to be abuse or ridicule why did you not complain? If no one reports a thread or a post as abuse or ridicule, are we supposed to jump in and close it? Of course not but we're obviously damned if we do and damned if we don't.
Could you please read Rule 14. May I suggest you do, perhaps you could also of the rules at the same time, you could learn something. Rule 1 may be of interest, in particular the last sentence.
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Ladies, ladies!......
back to the plot. Anyone found out about Cricket's question? seems quite a valid point to me -

Originally Posted by cricket1
I wonder if there is some truth in this. It would be interesting to find out how many people come to Oz but then return to their own country. If it's more than a comfortable margin, maybe the tourism board and the government are worried.
Don't want to quote myself, egotism narcissism and other ism words but Flea just spend an hour firing off a dozen emails to MPs/newsdesks/journalists.
Then maybe action Moneypen's suggestion & get your daughter to 'sit on' any new job offers that come in, or sending 'holding' emails on your behalf.....
Then be my guest, carry on ranting
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
Ladies, ladies!......
back to the plot. Anyone found out about Cricket's question? seems quite a valid point to me -

Don't want to quote myself, egotism narcissism and other ism words but Flea just spend an hour firing off a dozen emails to MPs/newsdesks/journalists.
Then maybe action Moneypen's suggestion & get your daughter to 'sit on' any new job offers that come in, or sending 'holding' emails on your behalf.....
Then be my guest, carry on ranting
There are some statistics on the DIAC website. They've been quoted a number of times in the Australian Immigration forum. I'll see if I can find it and post for her.