Just over a year

Old Dec 30th 2011, 7:50 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just over a year

Originally Posted by pinkkristen
I have also wondered how life was treating you in the uk.
I am so pleased that you are settling into life and enjoying it
We are still living in limbo land and like lorry 1 said, living here in body, not in mind!
This is the first year we didn't get back for Xmas and whilst we made the most of Xmas day with the kids, the following few days have been really hard!
We are trying to find a sensible way back, though like others, I feel pressure to get a plan together sooner, as my eldest is turning 10 soon.

All the best for your future and keep us posted on your new house.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 1:39 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Are you starting to have regrets about leaving Canada?
Hi Lorry 1,
Sorry just read this and thought I'd respond. No REAL regrets but I certainly miss things about life out there. When I think of the environment I wonder how I could have left but the reality of living there was too difficult. As a teacher, it was near impossible to secure permanent work unless I went and worked on a reservation in the Arctic! Literally. And friendships were not the same. I just felt so disconnected and realised people mean more to me than a pretty vista. If we can get back there every other summer that would be great as I want the kids to know where they came from. No, I'm happy here and looking forward to what's ahead. Life just feels exciting again!

Hope you're well and happy.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 10:35 am
Just Joined

mitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nicemitsi is just really nice

Great to read you are happy a year on. We are desperate to re start our lives back in the UK after living in France for 8 years. Nice to hear about the IT side of things - as that's what my husband does.
Having visited Vancouver some years ago, we had thoughts of moving there too at one time. What strikes me with all the forum postings no matter where people are in the world the reasons for leaving/going back are the same, the feeling of belonging.
/culture/missing family.
Anyway, reason for posting was just to say, I highly recommend visiting the Kyle of Lochalsh in Scotland, Skye and Applecross. not the same as Vancouver, but boy as close as you can in the UK. Wildlife galore too, can't wait to go back once we are back in the UK.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:18 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mitsi
Great to read you are happy a year on. We are desperate to re start our lives back in the UK after living in France for 8 years. Nice to hear about the IT side of things - as that's what my husband does.
Having visited Vancouver some years ago, we had thoughts of moving there too at one time. What strikes me with all the forum postings no matter where people are in the world the reasons for leaving/going back are the same, the feeling of belonging.
/culture/missing family.
Anyway, reason for posting was just to say, I highly recommend visiting the Kyle of Lochalsh in Scotland, Skye and Applecross. not the same as Vancouver, but boy as close as you can in the UK. Wildlife galore too, can't wait to go back once we are back in the UK.
Thank you, will give it a go to ease hubby's 'missing mountains' pangs. The Pennines clearly aren't cutting it! Good luck in your journey home. It's a bumpy ride but lovely when you get off! I feel very at home now and finally settled. The weather can get me down but hey ho.....
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Cumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really niceCumbrian Lass is just really nice

We are living in the lake district after 10yrs in Alberta,and i must say i think the beauty is just the same.Exept we live right amongst the beauty and dont need to drive weekend after weekend to the mountains. I am loving being back in this area,its so beautiful . Life is good
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilybilly101
Thank you, will give it a go to ease hubby's 'missing mountains' pangs. The Pennines clearly aren't cutting it! Good luck in your journey home. It's a bumpy ride but lovely when you get off! I feel very at home now and finally settled. The weather can get me down but hey ho.....
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass
We are living in the lake district after 10yrs in Alberta,and i must say i think the beauty is just the same.Exept we live right amongst the beauty and dont need to drive weekend after weekend to the mountains. I am loving being back in this area,its so beautiful . Life is good
Or send him up Snowden, it isn't too far and theres all kinds of hiking and climbing in the Snowdonia National Park.