Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

just getting a few quotes for dog ADL-UK I'm very pleased!

just getting a few quotes for dog ADL-UK I'm very pleased!

Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:39 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute
Default just getting a few quotes for dog ADL-UK I'm very pleased!

Bit of background:
Bought dog over in 2008 she's big and weighed 35kg. It cost us £2455 to get her to Sydney and then the additional costs of quarantine and then picking her up and bringing her out to Adelaide.

Just got a quote for Australian Air express: They need 10 days notice to book her in. I drop her off at the airport and pick her up at the other end (LHR)
Total cost $2310.10!!!
I can't tell you how impressed I am with that!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just getting a few quotes for dog ADL-UK I'm very pleased!

Originally Posted by alipally
Bit of background:
Bought dog over in 2008 she's big and weighed 35kg. It cost us £2455 to get her to Sydney and then the additional costs of quarantine and then picking her up and bringing her out to Adelaide.

Just got a quote for Australian Air express: They need 10 days notice to book her in. I drop her off at the airport and pick her up at the other end (LHR)
Total cost $2310.10!!!
I can't tell you how impressed I am with that!
good stuff and finally we have found one thing that is cheaper in OZ than UK, shipping large dogs from adelaide

Well there had to be something
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

lickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to all

We got a quote from Adelaide company JetPets, dog weighs 20 kgs, we already have her wooden box when we brought her over here 2 years ago. Also already had rabies and blood tests done and was quoted $3600 2 weeks ago. Phoned Animal Travel who seemed really nice and they were $50 cheaper! Do you have the contact details for Australia Air Express, maybe I should call them. Does that include all the paperwork both sides? Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:21 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the email that Qantas sent me. You have to do your own paperwork, but as I did it all coming over, I have no qualms about it!

Please kindly contact our local handling Agent in Adelaide AUSTRALIAN AIR EXPRESS , tele 08 8400 3530 or 08 8400 3531. Australian Air Express will be able to help you in regards to sending your Pet from ADELAIDE - LONDON.

You need to know the total weight of the dog plus the crate and the measurements of the crate to get the quote.

HTH!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

That,s a huge dog what is it ?