Just a few questions. :)

Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just a few questions. :)

Hey guys,
Firstly does anybody know what documebnts will be required at passprt control, other than my passport with the k1 visa inside?
Secondly, I have noticed a huge difference in price between a one way, and a return ticket. Is it ok to go on a return ticket and then to cancel the return journey later?
Thanks
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a few questions. :)

Originally Posted by muz1986
Hey guys,
Firstly does anybody know what documebnts will be required at passprt control, other than my passport with the k1 visa inside?
Secondly, I have noticed a huge difference in price between a one way, and a return ticket. Is it ok to go on a return ticket and then to cancel the return journey later?
Thanks
At the POE you will need your passport with the K-1 visa inside, the I-94 you filled out on the plane, and your sealed mysterious brown envelope which they gave you at the interview.

Yes, it's OK to have a return ticket in hand, and not use the return portion.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:57 pm
James (UK) and Laura (TX)

LJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really nice

Interestingly the POE officer didnt ask for or open up my mysterious brown envelope. Is this normal practice?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LJwedding09
Interestingly the POE officer didnt ask for or open up my mysterious brown envelope. Is this normal practice?
Where is your envelope?

You can not have been admitted properly without it, and yes, you'll need to fix this situation.

What visa did you come with?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

This is NOT normal procedure. Normal procedure is for the POE officer to open the brown envelope and make sure all the correct docs are inside, and then mark something on your visa.

Do you still have the sealed envelope?

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

muz1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooh how esciting!!!Dare I ask what is inside the mystery envelope????
Also do you know if it's ok to take someone with you when you go to the embassy for interview?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:06 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Also do you know if it's ok to take someone with you when you go to the embassy for interview?
No! You dare not! It is the Mysterious Brown Envelope for a reason!
If we tell, it won't be Mysterious anymore... (it's all your visa & petition app & docs).

I believe they're requesting no visitors in the Embassys now for security reasons.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:07 pm

What's inside the mysterious envelope? It's a mystery!!! LOL No, it's just all your immigration paperwork from start to finish.

Sorry I don't remember, is this in London? You are probably able to bring your USC fiance(e) with you, although they might not be able to approach the interview window, not sure what current practice is on that. If you're thinking of bringing anyone besides that, I would say probably not...they ask for your interview letter at the door to prove you have an appointment. Unless of course, you are handicapped and need assistance that way...in which case they will probably be allowed in.

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What's inside the mysterious envelope? It's a mystery!!! LOL No, it's just all your immigration paperwork from start to finish.

Sorry I don't remember, is this in London? You are probably able to bring your USC fiance(e) with you, although they might not be able to approach the interview window, not sure what current practice is on that. If you're thinking of bringing anyone besides that, I would say probably not...they ask for your interview letter at the door to prove you have an appointment. Unless of course, you are handicapped and need assistance that way...in which case they will probably be allowed in.

Rene
We've been hanging around each other too long....
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:17 pm

LJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really niceLJwedding09 is just really nice

He just stamped my passport and the i-94 stub and told me that was it and yes I still have my brown envelope...I came on a K-1 visa
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:20 pm

He just stamped my passport and the i-94 stub and told me that was it and yes I still have my brown envelope...I came on a K-1 visa
Yikes. That sure was an oversight on the POE officer's part!

Do not open the envelope.

Have you had your AOS interview yet?

Rene
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:20 pm

Please let us know when you arrived. You had better get this going before the I-94 expires (save that I-94 stub!!!).

The envelope must be turned into your nearest 'deferred inspection' CBP office so that you can be admitted properly.

Did the officer write anything K-1 related on your passport or I-94?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Please let us know when you arrived. You had better get this going before the I-94 expires (save that I-94 stub!!!).

The envelope must be turned into your nearest 'deferred inspection' CBP office so that you can be admitted properly.

Did the officer write anything K-1 related on your passport or I-94?
I arrived 6 days ago and in the stamp mark in my passport and on the I-94 stub he has written K-1. My fiancee and I are now married and we are about to fill out the AOS documents tonight/tomorrow.

What is the CBP office??

EDIT: found my local CBP office

Last edited by LJwedding09; Dec 1st 2008 at 7:26 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What is the CBP office??
Customs and Border Protection.

Future hint = Google is your friend.

Ian
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi:

Using just half of a r/t ticket is usually a violation of the "terms of carriage." Accordingly, the airline has the right to charge you the difference between what you paid and the cost of a one-way ticket.

There was thread on this sometime back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.