Wikiposts

Jon and Kate plus 8

Old May 27th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jon and Kate plus 8

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Seems to me that J&K have dug a very deep hole for themselves. I think they genuinely started doing the show with good intentions, but once it became super-popular they were sort of stuck and became dependent on the income they got from the show. They're paid lots and lots of money for each episode, and with 8 children to feed/clothe/house and save for, the income from the show is now irreplaceable. They live in a HUGE house with top-of-the-line appliances and features, and never wear hand-me-down clothes or use second-hand furniture or appliances. Neither of them holds a traditional job anymore -- the show IS their job -- so stopping the show means stopping the income.

I also think, for their family's sake, they should cancel the show. But since Kate very clearly stated that the show is "her job" and that she LOVES it, I doubt that will happen any time soon. Well, the fact that they went ahead and started a whole new season despite the deep trouble in their marriage says a lot, doesn't it?

~ Jenney
Yes i realise that financially, they're now in a catch 22 situation...it'll be interesting to see what happens...you make your bed and all that!
Old May 27th 2009, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Seems to me that J&K have dug a very deep hole for themselves. I think they genuinely started doing the show with good intentions, but once it became super-popular they were sort of stuck and became dependent on the income they got from the show. They're paid lots and lots of money for each episode, and with 8 children to feed/clothe/house and save for, the income from the show is now irreplaceable. They live in a HUGE house with top-of-the-line appliances and features, and never wear hand-me-down clothes or use second-hand furniture or appliances. Neither of them holds a traditional job anymore -- the show IS their job -- so stopping the show means stopping the income.

I also think, for their family's sake, they should cancel the show. But since Kate very clearly stated that the show is "her job" and that she LOVES it, I doubt that will happen any time soon. Well, the fact that they went ahead and started a whole new season despite the deep trouble in their marriage says a lot, doesn't it?

~ Jenney
All the clothes, furniture, applainces are freebies for the product placement. I'd be interested to know if the house is paid off. There could well be enough money for them to continue to live comfortably without the show, but as you said Kate loves the 'job". There was a contract for the new season so they might not have had a choice, not sure if it is true but I was told that if one parent says no to having the children filmed it cannot be done, since Jon is over it maybe this would be the reason he signed the "secret contract" with Kate that says he can do as he likes as long as he does the show. I get the feeling he is sticking it out so his side can come out, he is in a difficult position, he doesn't want to appear to abandon his kids.
Old May 27th 2009, 1:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a wise financial choice for them to go public 5 years ago. At approximately $75,000 an episode, plus the commission from the sale of books (2 at this writing), merchandise and autographs at $125 a signature, the family is not poor and if the monies are invested wisely will never have to work again.

Kate is now addicted to being in the limelight and will do and say whatever is necessary (at least in my opinion) to remain there. I can see her writing a book about the infidelity and breakup of their marriage. I can see her suing Jon for child support and forcing him to get a "real" job in the IT field again. She and the children will be making public appearances to show how they are coping with this tragedy, so on and so on.

Reality TV. You either love it or hate it.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:15 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rete
It has been a wise financial choice for them to go public 5 years ago. At approximately $75,000 an episode, plus the commission from the sale of books (2 at this writing), merchandise and autographs at $125 a signature, the family is not poor and if the monies are invested wisely will never have to work again.

Kate is now addicted to being in the limelight and will do and say whatever is necessary (at least in my opinion) to remain there. I can see her writing a book about the infidelity and breakup of their marriage. I can see her suing Jon for child support and forcing him to get a "real" job in the IT field again. She and the children will be making public appearances to show how they are coping with this tragedy, so on and so on.

Reality TV. You either love it or hate it.
Love reality TV - HATE this woman. She is truly awful.
Old May 28th 2009, 1:28 pm
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell....a reality show thread that has gone 4 pages without Poppy Girl posting
Old May 29th 2009, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

This week's enquirer ( ) confirms they are divorcing....and fighting over $10M.
Old May 29th 2009, 10:58 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
oohhh interesting...maybe they're going for a double whammy as I've just read this as well..

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/74737/index.html
Old May 29th 2009, 11:13 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
So they will divorce and she will write a book about the divorce and it's effect on her and the children , (ching ching, more money in the bank) . Then when the interest begins to die down , John and Kate will miraculously decide to re-unite and there will be another show about their wedding and their 2nd time around life together.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
So they will divorce and she will write a book about the divorce and it's effect on her and the children , (ching ching, more money in the bank) . Then when the interest begins to die down , John and Kate will miraculously decide to re-unite and there will be another show about their wedding and their 2nd time around life together.
just about sumes it up!!
Old May 30th 2009, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget the thanks they will give to God for letting them see the error of their ways and keep the money rolling in, all for only a 10% share.
Old May 30th 2009, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bevinva
Don't forget the thanks they will give to God for letting them see the error of their ways and keep the money rolling in, all for only a 10% share.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:33 am
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lisa67
just about sumes it up!!
I guess God has got to make a living too
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I guess God has got to make a living too
I've heard he has a lot of kids to support.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:38 am
Thought is free.

I've heard he has a lot of kids to support.
Maybe he should ask Jon and Kate for more then 10%; afterall he has a lot of responsibilities to take care of.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

I have read from a couple of different sources that the show is under a state labor investigation.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...ld-labor_N.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.