Wikiposts

It's time to go!!

Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's time to go!!

Originally Posted by brits1
Debbie just read you post....so jelous!!! can I ask how much is your removal costing? we are planning to go home next July (08) and to tell you the truth it seems just like a whole lifetime away the way we are feeling at the moment so If we can save any money on going home it will all help.....we will not be going back with much money (after two home builds and 1 sale at the wrong times)and that is the only thing that is keeping us here at the moment, my husband has just gone working in the mines North W.A and does not like it but it is only for the money.

When are you going home? when we decided about going home I thought I would be thrilled but I felt scared really....but then after a couple of days it cheered me up but now I just want to be home....yesterday if I could....so don't worry if you feel different things....remember why you first thought about going home...and keep that thought...also I remember looking at things after we had just decided and thinking "oh they are not that bad" but that was because I knew we where going...the mind plays funny tricks on us!! once you are on that plane you will be fine...the lead to any move is stressful wether it is around the corner or overseas....just think...lovely crisp Christmas Mornings....Redbreast Robbins, Christmas Carols....Bonfire Nights...New Years Eve!!!! and just nip on the plane and be in a different country in under an hour....and cheaply!!!!

Good luck and it will all be fine......
Jackie who is today in a land far,far away in Perth W.A
Sorry I just saw the date of your departure (now I am feeling even more jelous) at the top of your thread!!! I woke up early with the neighbour screaching his car going to work.....5.15am!!!!!
A tired Jackie in an even far, far away land in Perth W.A
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:14 pm
This space for rent

freezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond reputefreezerman has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and I hope it all turns out the way that you want it to.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You'll be back just in time to begin the Christmas festivities. All those M & S mince pies, chestnut stuffing, Christmas cake...I could go on and on and on and on.....
But don't some of us have to stay here.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
God how I miss M&S chestnut stufing....
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
God how I miss M&S chestnut stufing....
We where back for Christmas in Dec 06, our first vist home in 6 years and I bought my dad and my husband really "loud" jumpers and on Christmas day we all nipped to our local (gulp..was our local) just before Christmas Lunch with my Dad and Hubbie wearing their jumpers...and the pub was packed with people in like minded jumbers!!! it was just bliss....oh now do not get me started!!! homesick as it is!!!

Jackie in (I was going to say "Outer Mongolia" but that would be an insult to the Mongolians) never, never land...far, far away!!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of

Debbie just read you post....so jelous!!! can I ask how much is your removal costing? we are planning to go home next July (08) and to tell you the truth it seems just like a whole lifetime away the way we are feeling at the moment so If we can save any money on going home it will all help.....we will not be going back with much money (after two home builds and 1 sale at the wrong times)and that is the only thing that is keeping us here at the moment, my husband has just gone working in the mines North W.A and does not like it but it is only for the money.

When are you going home? when we decided about going home I thought I would be thrilled but I felt scared really....but then after a couple of days it cheered me up but now I just want to be home....yesterday if I could....so don't worry if you feel different things....remember why you first thought about going home...and keep that thought...also I remember looking at things after we had just decided and thinking "oh they are not that bad" but that was because I knew we where going...the mind plays funny tricks on us!! once you are on that plane you will be fine...the lead to any move is stressful wether it is around the corner or overseas....just think...lovely crisp Christmas Mornings....Redbreast Robbins, Christmas Carols....Bonfire Nights...New Years Eve!!!! and just nip on the plane and be in a different country in under an hour....and cheaply!!!!

Good luck and it will all be fine......
Jackie who is today in a land far,far away in Perth W.A
Hi brits1

July 08 will soon come round...summer is almost here and before you know it, it will be your turn. We planned to go back then but because of problems (see prev posts) we are having to go back sooner. In a way I wish we could stay here a little longer just to have at least one Aussie Christmas and to say a proper goodbye. I guess things happen for a reason and it's our time to go now. We are leaving Australia with an open door...you never know once the kids have grown up we can travel back for long and lazy hols.

We're going back virtually penniless but at least OH has a transfer back with work. I feel really scared about going back but as I've said on another thread I'd rather face the music back in the UK than stay here being unhappy and constantly thinking about going back...at least we'll be living it and hopefully it won't be as bad as I think. I'm looking forward to my brain having a well earned rest.

We are paying $11K for a 40ft container (gulp). I don't know if there is any cheaper way of shipper belongings back. We are packing most of our belongings ourselves and the price still comes out the same. I have heard some people buy a container, but I haven't a clue for how much. I dread to think how much we have spend on shippers etc (maybe it would have been cheaper for us to have bought our own container). Still it's only money and you could say we have had a trip of a life time. How can you put a price on that!!

I feel very lucky to have had this experience and wouldn't swap it for anything.

Good luck with whatever you decide and enjoy the time you have left in Australia.

Best wishes
Debi
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DebiE
Hi brits1

July 08 will soon come round...summer is almost here and before you know it, it will be your turn. We planned to go back then but because of problems (see prev posts) we are having to go back sooner. In a way I wish we could stay here a little longer just to have at least one Aussie Christmas and to say a proper goodbye. I guess things happen for a reason and it's our time to go now. We are leaving Australia with an open door...you never know once the kids have grown up we can travel back for long and lazy hols.

We're going back virtually penniless but at least OH has a transfer back with work. I feel really scared about going back but as I've said on another thread I'd rather face the music back in the UK than stay here being unhappy and constantly thinking about going back...at least we'll be living it and hopefully it won't be as bad as I think. I'm looking forward to my brain having a well earned rest.

We are paying $11K for a 40ft container (gulp). I don't know if there is any cheaper way of shipper belongings back. We are packing most of our belongings ourselves and the price still comes out the same. I have heard some people buy a container, but I haven't a clue for how much. I dread to think how much we have spend on shippers etc (maybe it would have been cheaper for us to have bought our own container). Still it's only money and you could say we have had a trip of a life time. How can you put a price on that!!

I feel very lucky to have had this experience and wouldn't swap it for anything.

Good luck with whatever you decide and enjoy the time you have left in Australia.

Best wishes
Debi
Cheers Debi,

I tell you waht you stay here for my last Christmas here in Aus and I will swop you your British Christmas!!!
Thanks for the advise about shipping...dear lord...is it cheaper just to sell what you can and buy over there......people did warn us it was more expensive shipping things back home but that is daylight robbery....say no more!!!!

I am sure you willl be fine and wondering why you bothered being stressed...I know I have aged.....my mind is always on the go (very different for me!!!) and going home is always there....from the min I wake up to going to sleep....I am of to check my Tue lottery tick now so "one win and I am out of here"!!! please beleive me when I say I have nothing against Aus....really don't.....just not for us....
Where are you locating to?

Good luck and I would love to be sat on that plane sipping my Baileys and ice. No regrets...only experience and a little wiser!!!
Jackie.....here....when I want to be there!!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=brits1;5332373]Where are you locating to? QUOTE]

We are moving back to Chichester after spending some quality time with my parents in Surrey and inlaws in Cornwall.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Your decision will have given you peace of mind DebiE, hope you have a brilliant time from now until you leave.

You have had a big adventure, made the most of it and now it is time to go home. (until the next time)
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by auspal
Your decision will have given you peace of mind DebiE, hope you have a brilliant time from now until you leave.

You have had a big adventure, made the most of it and now it is time to go home. (until the next time)

Thanks Auspal

It certainly has given us peace of mind. It's still going to be sad to leave, but that's to be expected.

We've had some fun times over the last year and half and we'll never forget them.

This amazing journey has changed us all for the better and we'll never forget that. It has brought our family closer together and we know we can survive anything that life throws at us. We'll never take anything for granted again.

We will even take some of our lifestyle back with us and enjoy them in the UK...rain or shine.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Auspal

It certainly has given us peace of mind. It's still going to be sad to leave, but that's to be expected.

We've had some fun times over the last year and half and we'll never forget them.

This amazing journey has changed us all for the better and we'll never forget that. It has brought our family closer together and we know we can survive anything that life throws at us. We'll never take anything for granted again.

We will even take some of our lifestyle back with us and enjoy them in the UK...rain or shine.
Hi Auspal, been reading your quotes, when are you planning to return to home? and where in Aus are you living now....I have just walked my dog and counted if we went back in March 07 it would be in 6 months time.....I would rather be going before Christmas though that would make me feel a lot better...6 months sounds like a long stretch when I am in the mood I have been this past week....
Jackie in a windy and sunny but cold (ish) Perth
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Last night we booked our flights...we're going home 17th Oct.

OH has given his notice and shippers have been booked.

Words can't describe how I'm feeling at the moment so just a short post today.
Where are you heading to Debs???

Wish it were me.

Edit: just seen your other reply, Chichester.

Last edited by Nu-Shooz; Sep 24th 2007 at 5:42 pm. Reason: not read all thread
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=DebiE;5332386]
Where are you locating to? QUOTE]

We are moving back to Chichester after spending some quality time with my parents in Surrey and inlaws in Cornwall.
Lovely place Chichester did the ten pound Sun holiday there a few times

Cornwall great place I was born there, miss Holywell Bay and even tho Newquay is a bit grotty enjoyed it there and Padstow!!!

Will be heading there with our caravan next year, promised myself and holiday back to our old haunts
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Hi Auspal, been reading your quotes, when are you planning to return to home? and where in Aus are you living now....I have just walked my dog and counted if we went back in March 07 it would be in 6 months time.....I would rather be going before Christmas though that would make me feel a lot better...6 months sounds like a long stretch when I am in the mood I have been this past week....
Jackie in a windy and sunny but cold (ish) Perth
Hi Jackie,

I understand how you are feeling, I think that once the decision has been made to move, then it is best to do it as quickly as possible.

I'm not actually planning to move, we live on the Gold Coast and did move back to Yorkshire after 7 years here, but then returned and headed for the Gold Coast. It is interesting to see others going through the same feelings and thoughts that I went through. We were trying to sell our house here at the time and interest rates had rocketed to around 17 per cent and were just not selling at all. I was feeling really down about things and went to see the doctor. He advised me to knock a few thousand off the price of the house and get a sale and go before it affected my health. We took his advice and it worked. We spent some enjoyable months over there before heading back and trying a new part of Australia, been on the Gold Coast for over 10 years now.

I am planning another trip back to the UK for a holiday though, we love going back. My sister and her hubbie love coming here. When we all retire we have a plan to do a house swap for a few months a year, they will come and stay in our house whilst we go and stay in theirs. We will have to choose our months carefully though

Having said that, you cant beat a good Christmas and New Year over there.

Try not to get too down about it, the weather will be warming up for you soon and will make you feel a lot better.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:52 am
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

Just what I was thinking!

My mum was talking about her home-made lemon meringue pie the other week. She'd gone nuts with the puddings and made that, and trifle, and all sorts of other goodies. My brother hadn't eaten any of them, so she had to throw them out. Wouldn't have had that problem if I was there!

Puddings here just aren't the same, and I can't even begin to replicate Mum's Sunday roast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.