Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

It's really happening.....

It's really happening.....

Old Dec 9th 2010, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Gill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud of
Default It's really happening.....

Hi All

The container is being loaded by Kents as we speak! The time has flown by since we got an offer on the house to now. It really is happening - our move back to the UK.

My parents arrive later tonight and we will all enjoy our last 5 weeks here in a holiday rental.

I must have been told by at least 10 people this week that we must be mad to move back to the UK and then they knowingly add - you will be back. Really?!?

Anyway, I'm happy, nervous, excited, scared, sad, apprehensive........... we can only hope we are doing the right thing for our family. We won't know for sure until we get back and piece our life together again, but right now it definitely feels like the right thing to do.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's really happening.....

Woo hoo, good luck! I can only imagine how nerve wracking it must be but hopefully you will feel so much better when you are back where you can feel like you "belong". Colour me green with envy!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:33 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill123
Hi All

The container is being loaded by Kents as we speak! The time has flown by since we got an offer on the house to now. It really is happening - our move back to the UK.

My parents arrive later tonight and we will all enjoy our last 5 weeks here in a holiday rental.

I must have been told by at least 10 people this week that we must be mad to move back to the UK and then they knowingly add - you will be back. Really?!?

Anyway, I'm happy, nervous, excited, scared, sad, apprehensive........... we can only hope we are doing the right thing for our family. We won't know for sure until we get back and piece our life together again, but right now it definitely feels like the right thing to do.
Good luck Gill, hoping it all goes well for you and your family.

"I must have been told by at least 10 people this week that we must be mad to move back to the UK and then they knowingly add - you will be back. Really?!?"

When I left here in April 2009 my German/Aussie friends told me I would soon be back because awesome Australia is the "best place to live in the world" and I said "In your opinion."

Yes Gill I came back in April 2010 for family reasons after spending a year in the UK and you know what? I have stuck it out as long as I can and last week bought my ONE WAY ticket back to the UK.

That's how awesome I feel Australia is..............I have lasted 8 months before I couldn't hack it any more and I tried, Lord knows I tried, but I will be heading back in February 2011.

I think all those mixed feelings are only to be expected........just go with the flow. Oh and do keep in touch with updates.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 4:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Have fun with the family for the last few weeks.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Very green with envy here, have a safe and happy trip home and enjoy your last 5 weeks! What date do you fly.....
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Perth June 2007 - November 2009.

Home in Scotland - November 2009 - now................

If Australia is the best place to live then why have I NEVER had the urge to move back there......??????

Because - In my opinion, the best place to be is where you are happiest.

It's cold and snowy here in Scotland and I wouldn't swap it for a single day on the windy beach at 37 degrees.....

Wishing you all the best x x
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud ofGill123 has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for the replies!

We fly on 12th Jan, so not long to go.

I will keep posting updates when we are back as I've loved reading other peoples!
Old Dec 10th 2010, 7:50 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan

If Australia is the best place to live then why have I NEVER had the urge to move back there......??????

It's cold and snowy here in Scotland and I wouldn't swap it for a single day on the windy beach at 37 degrees.....

Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill123
Hi All

Good Luck ....those people drove me nuts...I bet they will all be at the cricket in Perth supporting England and then slagging living in England ....lol....two faces...not great people to know at the best of times....life's a journey and your going on another one...hopefully it will work out...like everything in life somethings needs a little bit of work to get right....we are very happy to be home and thats our own personal story...you will be fine just listen to what you think rather than others...yep...even me...lol....good luck and all the best of wishes
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan

Great to hear from you Jan and same for me/us....even deep in snow and cold frosty mornings....we dont miss Perth and thats because as we are quite happy here.....
Old Dec 10th 2010, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Great to hear from you Jan and same for me/us....even deep in snow and cold frosty mornings....we dont miss Perth and thats because as we are quite happy here.....
Hard to understand how we can all be happy in "The Doomed UK" eh???

Moving to Australia made me a much better person because I REALLY appreciate home now, warts and all.

Delighted to hear you are happy too x x
Old Dec 11th 2010, 2:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Good Luck ....those people drove me nuts...I bet they will all be at the cricket in Perth supporting England and then slagging living in England ....lol....two faces...not great people to know at the best of times....life's a journey and your going on another one...hopefully it will work out...like everything in life somethings needs a little bit of work to get right....we are very happy to be home and thats our own personal story...you will be fine just listen to what you think rather than others...yep...even me...lol....good luck and all the best of wishes
How ridiculous. I am exceptionally proud to be English and will be at the WACA next weekend with my St Georges hat chanting alongside the Barmy Army. I still couldn't live in England though as our family had a crap quality of life there and couldn't due to my husbands job move to Devon or the Lakes which are the only places I would happily live. Why on earth does that make me two faced???
Old Dec 12th 2010, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

rogerthat is an unknown quantity at this point

If i moved from the UK which i intend to do soon i would never come back again in the last 10 or more years its gone down hill and gets worse every week.
Old Dec 12th 2010, 12:34 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the cheery tones of a true Brit!

Never say never Roger. You haven't seen the alternatives yet
Old Dec 12th 2010, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

rogerthat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Ah the cheery tones of a true Brit!

Never say never Roger. You haven't seen the alternatives yet
No that is very true i haven't seen the alternatives perhaps in a few years i will think the UK is great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.