Its our turn Aug 22

Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of
Default Its our turn Aug 22

I can't believe its my turn to post we are on our return august 22.

I'm british hubby cdn...3kids in tow

As with USAgypsy...we've been going thru the emotions as well of selling house, selling contents, shippers, 3 kids...pets...all that goes with immigrating a family across the pond..STRESS is the right word...i haven't stopped since the house went on the market...and even before tha getting the house ready for the market..painting and what not.

It really isnt' for the faint of heart...we've had the shippers come last fri/then back mon/tues of last week, then planning our 3 day contents sale this w/end which did very well...i can't complain..there will always be something left over to donate..we just have a week to get rid of it all!!!

I did wait too long on booking the flight as it was actually coming down in price..but my advise don't wait, as when i did phone it was fully booked .and now are leaving one week and a day earlier on a different plane altogether, but don't have to stop; at belfast for 1hr so that is great..

so now have to cram everything into one week...saying our goodbyes, missing our sendoff party and trying to sell the car, and get the house ready for the new owners..(which are very picky about everything) but happy they did buy our house so we can get on we our life.

This last week in Canada will be a whirlwind.AND happy to say the snowshovels have been SOLD!!!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 2:26 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its our turn Aug 22

Congratulations on getting the house and everything else sold.
The last week will be a blur in your memory with so much to do.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dewdrop
I can't believe its my turn to post we are on our return august 22.

I'm british hubby cdn...3kids in tow

As with USAgypsy...we've been going thru the emotions as well of selling house, selling contents, shippers, 3 kids...pets...all that goes with immigrating a family across the pond..STRESS is the right word...i haven't stopped since the house went on the market...and even before tha getting the house ready for the market..painting and what not.

It really isnt' for the faint of heart...we've had the shippers come last fri/then back mon/tues of last week, then planning our 3 day contents sale this w/end which did very well...i can't complain..there will always be something left over to donate..we just have a week to get rid of it all!!!

I did wait too long on booking the flight as it was actually coming down in price..but my advise don't wait, as when i did phone it was fully booked .and now are leaving one week and a day earlier on a different plane altogether, but don't have to stop; at belfast for 1hr so that is great..

so now have to cram everything into one week...saying our goodbyes, missing our sendoff party and trying to sell the car, and get the house ready for the new owners..(which are very picky about everything) but happy they did buy our house so we can get on we our life.

This last week in Canada will be a whirlwind.AND happy to say the snowshovels have been SOLD!!!

Congrats.... 2 months ago to the day we arrived back at a cold and windy Gatwick. This is the best decision we ever made..

And like you guys, Goodbye snowshovels
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one. The best of luck to you.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for a happy future,hope all goes well for you!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

thanks everyone for the well wishes...

emptying house today rest goes to donation...and then the last bit on friday.

what did u all do once at airport to get to where u needed too?

we are thinking rental but good grief the expense...or taxi???

any ideas??

their r 5 of us...so 5 luggage and 5 carry on. playpen, stroller, i think thats it...lol
Old Aug 17th 2009, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

any ideas??

l
We hired a large car as there were 4 of us, 4 large suitcases, 4 travel bags and 2 cats in their containers. It was a tight squeeze i tell ya!

But it was cheaper to hire a car than taxi it. We kept the car for 2 weeks until we bought our own car.

All the best Dewdrop, good luck with the move.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:11 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

l
How far do you have to go?

We'll do the taxi to friends for about 50 pounds. It's cheaper and less hassle than renting, and once we're there they'll take us around a bit to pick up either an old banger or a new car, depending. OH is researching new cars right now.

Just booked flights for September 2nd.

Bev
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bevm

We'll do the taxi to friends for about 50 pounds. It's cheaper and less hassle than renting, and once we're there they'll take us around a bit to pick up either an old banger or a new car, depending. OH is researching new cars right now.

Bev
Hey thats not long to go is it?Old bangers are still very cheap here,have a look on Ebay(uk).You might be lucky and find one thats suitable and close to where you are going?All the best,how exciting!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck to you, hope all goes smoothly
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bevm

Bev
we have to go from Gatwick to Ipswich about a 2 hr drive...our friends are looking for a van and driver...hope that works out...to tell ya the truth..

we have looked into rental and taxi but would rather use the money to buy a banger lol then use it all on a rental car, but, never say never, as we did this for 3weeks last time we holidayed in uk for 3weeks...

thanks for the best wishes..tried to have a little nap today but to much spinning in my head...

safe journey bev? where u heading(sorry missed alot of posts do to this big move)
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

The very best of luck to you
The 20th is meant to be the hottest day of the year so hpefully some sun will still be around for your return, especially after all that snow - shovelling!
C
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

we have to go from Gatwick to Ipswich about a 2 hr drive...our friends are looking for a van and driver...hope that works out...to tell ya the truth..

we have looked into rental and taxi but would rather use the money to buy a banger lol then use it all on a rental car, but, never say never, as we did this for 3weeks last time we holidayed in uk for 3weeks...

thanks for the best wishes..tried to have a little nap today but to much spinning in my head...

safe journey bev? where u heading(sorry missed alot of posts do to this big move)
I spent the weekend with a friend in Ipswich - I really like it there. Schools are really good if in the "right side of town". What was nice was going to felixstowe in 20 mins for a beach walk
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chance to be
The very best of luck to you
The 20th is meant to be the hottest day of the year so hpefully some sun will still be around for your return, especially after all that snow - shovelling!
C
the 20th is my birthday as well, so it ot to be a great day...we are in a mini heat wave right now...will look forward to some easy breathing weather any day...

snow shoveling, is a word of the past now... ahhhh!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chance to be
I spent the weekend with a friend in Ipswich - I really like it there. Schools are really good if in the "right side of town". What was nice was going to felixstowe in 20 mins for a beach walk

sounds nice...we are actually moving to stowmarket...but friends are in a village near ipswich..we may move closer one day...see how we like a market town feel..since we live in a small town now...just easier on the children i think than a big city..

felixstowe can't wait to see it again spent my 10th birthday there, ferry from Harwich...

xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.