Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Its not all doom and gloom.......

Its not all doom and gloom.......

Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:39 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Its not all doom and gloom.......

Originally Posted by sans
I am very proud and probably always have been.....But again it was something that didn't really show its face, until i wasn't here
nope, same here....didn't take me long though to appreciate the UK and what we have there..my friends can't believe the change....no whining from me anymore and definitely not about the weather....
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:46 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
nope, same here....didn't take me long though to appreciate the UK and what we have there..my friends can't believe the change....no whining from me anymore and definitely not about the weather....
I've just had the daftest thought Can you imagine if all the brits abroad got the same pang at the same time and all came home
would we sink
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:55 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just had the daftest thought Can you imagine if all the brits abroad got the same pang at the same time and all came home
would we sink
Attached Thumbnails Its not all doom and gloom.......-piss-off-were-full-lol-.jpg  
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:20 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Best all get your skates on then...Before they close the gates
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Best all get your skates on then...Before they close the gates
Noooo, you gotta wait for me!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:30 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Noooo, you gotta wait for me!
Ough!! do you think we should let Ruby back in Mmm???
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Ough!! do you think we should let Ruby back in Mmm???
lol
It's bad enough that the flights back home (apart from the expensive scheduled airlines of BA & Air Canada) seem to be dwindling! Gone is Zoom, the Monarch flights I've heard seem to be cancelling certain flights and putting the passengers on Air transat instead, Globespan are a bit "fragile".......Crikey, I'm feeling like slowly but surely those gates ARE closing
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:41 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
lol
It's bad enough that the flights back home (apart from the expensive scheduled airlines of BA & Air Canada) seem to be dwindling! Gone is Zoom, the Monarch flights I've heard seem to be cancelling certain flights and putting the passengers on Air transat instead, Globespan are a bit "fragile".......Crikey, I'm feeling like slowly but surely those gates ARE closing
AWE!!! How about if i send you a balloon and a compus I think Canada's realised theirs afew escaping....
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:47 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

England is a fabulous country, isn't it? I'm saying England not Britain just because I don't have any strong feelings about the other bits, but know I don't want to live there. But England, most parts of England, absolutely!

Everyone canadian and American I know is simply envious. The people from the UK split, but it's partly based on where they're thinking about. Some talk of an industrial area where jobs have been lost and it's cramped and dirty. I'm sure there are places like that, but there's no need to go back to them.

But most of them are a bit wistful but staying for children and grandchildren.

Bev
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:57 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

Originally Posted by Bevm
England is a fabulous country, isn't it? I'm saying England not Britain just because I don't have any strong feelings about the other bits, but know I don't want to live there. But England, most parts of England, absolutely!

Everyone canadian and American I know is simply envious. The people from the UK split, but it's partly based on where they're thinking about. Some talk of an industrial area where jobs have been lost and it's cramped and dirty. I'm sure there are places like that, but there's no need to go back to them.

But most of them are a bit wistful but staying for children and grandchildren.

Bev
If only we had a crystal ball
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:11 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

My friend in the UK just emailed me this and it reminded me ofjust how great the British humour is.

Dear Sirs:

In view of what seems to be happening internationally with banks at the
moment, I was wondering if you could advise me. If one of my checks is
returned marked "insufficient funds," how do I know whether that refers to
me or to you?

Sincerely ~ ___________
Old Nov 28th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
My friend in the UK just emailed me this and it reminded me ofjust how great the British humour is.

Dear Sirs:

In view of what seems to be happening internationally with banks at the
moment, I was wondering if you could advise me. If one of my checks is
returned marked "insufficient funds," how do I know whether that refers to
me or to you?

Sincerely ~ ___________
Humour,warm people,occasional culture,having a laugh with workmates,escaping these overworked robots.

I've decided not to wait until march.Roll on February
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:14 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
What I dont understand is when a person says they are unhappy living in the area they are in and automatically think they need to change countries!! On my two trips back in the last year, i realised i didnt want to live where i had originally come from in UK. It was an urban London suburb. Maybe my age is catching up with me, but i wanted to be in a quieter place, so, when i went to stay with my daughter in rural Essex, I was smitten within a week! Absolutely perfect for us. A quiet pace, yet 45mins drive from Lakeside mall and 45mins train ride to central London!. I could never give the London buzz up for good, so dipping in and out of it from there is exaxctly what i need.
Spot on. Rural Essex where I grew up (well, not so rural) - if you haven't already decided I'd recommend somewhere in the triangle between dunmow, colchester and sudbury. Some beautiful towns and villages (finchingfield, hedingham, stebbing, stisted...)
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:32 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Spot on. Rural Essex where I grew up (well, not so rural) - if you haven't already decided I'd recommend somewhere in the triangle between dunmow, colchester and sudbury. Some beautiful towns and villages (finchingfield, hedingham, stebbing, stisted...)
Funny you posted. I was looking at a nice little cottage for rent in Great Dunmow last night (or was it little Dunmow? lol ) OH has the possibility of working for forensic mental health sevices near Rayleigh, so i was circling a 20 mile radius of there.
Thanks for the other villages, I will take a look.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:22 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Funny you posted. I was looking at a nice little cottage for rent in Great Dunmow last night (or was it little Dunmow? lol ) OH has the possibility of working for forensic mental health sevices near Rayleigh, so i was circling a 20 mile radius of there.
Thanks for the other villages, I will take a look.
I don't know the rayleigh area. Grew up in braintree and went to school in colchester, with friends scattered all around north essex which is more rural. Dunmow is nice. There's been a lot of development, so one side is very quaint and the other isn't (although if you're looking at a little cottage it must be the old side). There also used to be a problem with traffic through the town (nightmare driving lessons) but a big bypass was built a few years ago that I guess has taken a lot of the traffic away.

Anyway, sure you'll be looking around yourself which is half the fun. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.