Wikiposts

As It's Christmas........

Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:13 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default As It's Christmas........

.........thought you might like the Christmas tree in this link of the Cotswold area. We might be going back to this part, not sure yet. The tree is an annual attraction I think.

http://www.bourtoninfo.com/christmas.aspx
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

slidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant futureslidingbyee has a brilliant future
Default Re: As It's Christmas........

Very nice - no one else does costumes quite like us. And I should know I worn a few.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Looks fab doesn't it.

Can't believe it's Christmas, no spirit here where i am, feels like an ordinary month of boredom
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Looks fab doesn't it.

Can't believe it's Christmas, no spirit here where i am, feels like an ordinary month of boredom
Exactly the same. Will be the fourth christmas I have been here never got used to having it in Summer and it just feels like any other month no real build up... ahh well at least I'll be home for the next one
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nathan84
Exactly the same. Will be the fourth christmas I have been here never got used to having it in Summer and it just feels like any other month no real build up... ahh well at least I'll be home for the next one
I see you are in Melbourne! My mate in UK is emigrating to Melbourne next year, she said she craves the life-style and the weather there That's all she can see, she is so blinkered at the mo and i can't get through to her.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Nathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really niceNathan84 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I see you are in Melbourne! My mate in UK is emigrating to Melbourne next year, she said she craves the life-style and the weather there That's all she can see, she is so blinkered at the mo and i can't get through to her.
Hmm yeah I think when your moving you only allow yourself to look at the positive aspects of the move and forget about the things you take for granted like friends, family etc. Not that theres anything wrong with Melbourne it's a nice city but I wouldn't want to stay here for good.

Last edited by Nathan84; Dec 9th 2008 at 4:39 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 4:54 pm
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

Same here. Stinking hot 32 degrees. Doesn't feel like Christmas at all.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaahh, Bourton on the Water really is a beautiful 'picture postcard' village - Me, OH and some friends of ours took our then babies on a little holiday to the Cotswolds some years ago and went into Bourton. They had a trout farm there if I remember correctly, where the kids can feed the fish and they all go mad jumping around (the fish, not the kids ) - mind you, fish can't really jump, can they - whatever, it was nice There's a village down that way aswell with a wonderful Christmas shop - Lechslade is it? Absolutely adored that shop - but I absolutely adore Christmas
Old Dec 10th 2008, 1:50 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

My Oh's Mum lives 10 mins away from Bourton-on the-Water. The whole area is beautiful. We were torn between moving back around there and to North Devon but chose North Devon. Hard choice though as both ideal places.

Will be there visiting when we move back next month and really looking forward to having a pub lunch near an open fire.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

That looks lovely I'll check it out next weekend
Old Dec 10th 2008, 7:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by deborahjane
My Oh's Mum lives 10 mins away from Bourton-on the-Water. The whole area is beautiful. We were torn between moving back around there and to North Devon but chose North Devon. Hard choice though as both ideal places.

Will be there visiting when we move back next month and really looking forward to having a pub lunch near an open fire.
It is really beautiful. We went there and had tea and scones in Winter and it was all crystallised in ice and frost with ducks sliding about on the frozen pond. I am seriously thinking of moving back there when I return home instead of going back to my original home.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 8:41 am
Banned

Here are a few more seasonal pics of Britain with a blanket of snow.I think this was during the recent Artic conditions. Everyone looks like they're enjoying it.

http://www.express.co.uk/galleries/thumbs/339
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricket1
It is really beautiful. We went there and had tea and scones in Winter and it was all crystallised in ice and frost with ducks sliding about on the frozen pond. I am seriously thinking of moving back there when I return home instead of going back to my original home.
I'm afraid it would have to be hell freezing over, not Bourton on the Water - before I could afford to live there!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Lewis2 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG, have just called the OH down to the office to have a look at this picture: Requesting `can we one day see this?` Strange just looking at that picture evoked prechristmas feelings that are difficult to feel here. Unfortunately this has been a bit of an issue over the last few days.... Last night however whilst working we had a troop of @ 30 carol singers come onto the ward I`d dimmed the ward lights, the staff all prepared, it was surprisingly lovely... Well when asked for my favorite carol... Silent night... We were singing/caterwauling along.. The feeling on the ward amongst everyone was quite captivating... For me, christmas happened there and then
Old Dec 10th 2008, 11:23 am
Account Closed

deborahjane is an unknown quantity at this point

About Bourton on the Water. It's worth checking out the house prices around there at the moment as like many areas the prices have come down. We were surprised how much we could get for our money in Devon and is cheaper than the area we came from in Sheffield).

Hoping to get a good deal on a house when we get back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.