Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Insuring shipping back to UK from Oz

Insuring shipping back to UK from Oz

Old May 19th 2006, 1:07 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Insuring shipping back to UK from Oz

Anyone got any info on this? We insured with letton percival from UK to Oz but cant seem to find anyone who will insure back to UK!???!!
Old May 19th 2006, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insuring shipping back to UK from Oz

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Anyone got any info on this? We insured with letton percival from UK to Oz but cant seem to find anyone who will insure back to UK!???!!
hi rooksie
you can use letton percival from oz to uk too.
ive just done that. it was miles cheaper than any insurance co in oz and my stuff arrives on monday.
they are really easy to book from ove4rseas so use them again
good luck
c
Old May 19th 2006, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chance to be
hi rooksie
you can use letton percival from oz to uk too.
ive just done that. it was miles cheaper than any insurance co in oz and my stuff arrives on monday.
they are really easy to book from ove4rseas so use them again
good luck
c

i must have had my knickers in a twist because i have just spoken to them and youre right they do insure coming back to UK so yep i have used them again. Happy Days
Old May 19th 2006, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i must have had my knickers in a twist because i have just spoken to them and youre right they do insure coming back to UK so yep i have used them again. Happy Days
good
how are you getting on as we came back april too?
its really only the weather i find bothersome. im v shallow when it comes to weather!
Old May 19th 2006, 1:47 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Just jumping in here to ask Rooksie, how are you doing hun? How's that little bump?

P
Old May 23rd 2006, 12:38 am
Just Joined

shauninoz has a brilliant futureshauninoz has a brilliant futureshauninoz has a brilliant futureshauninoz has a brilliant futureshauninoz has a brilliant futureshauninoz has a brilliant futureshauninoz has a brilliant futureshauninoz has a brilliant future

So can you use any insurance company to cover your shipping or does it have to be the one recommended by the shipping company?

Am confused!
Old May 23rd 2006, 11:14 am
Just Joined

dadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shauninoz
So can you use any insurance company to cover your shipping or does it have to be the one recommended by the shipping company?

Am confused!
You don't have to use the insurance provided by the shipping company as you'll probably find their insurance more expensive.

You are free to insure with whomever you please but I think it is worth taking the following into consideration:-

* The insurance must be 'marine' insurance (obvious to some but not all)
* The insurance company is local to your destination in the event of a claim.

Maybe someone can add to this
Old May 25th 2006, 2:08 am
Just Joined

lucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dadpad
You don't have to use the insurance provided by the shipping company as you'll probably find their insurance more expensive.

You are free to insure with whomever you please but I think it is worth taking the following into consideration:-

* The insurance must be 'marine' insurance (obvious to some but not all)
* The insurance company is local to your destination in the event of a claim.

Maybe someone can add to this

Any recommendations on which shipping company to use to pack and move back from Melbourne to UK
Old May 25th 2006, 2:41 am
Just Joined

dadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant futuredadpad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lucky
Any recommendations on which shipping company to use to pack and move back from Melbourne to UK

OSS have a worthy reputation and you can find a few links about them on this forum if you do a search.

We are using OSS and so far have found them 'on the ball'!

- web address is www.ossworldwidemovers.com.

Hope this helps
Old May 25th 2006, 2:59 am
Just Joined

lucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant futurelucky has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dadpad
OSS have a worthy reputation and you can find a few links about them on this forum if you do a search.

We are using OSS and so far have found them 'on the ball'!

- web address is www.ossworldwidemovers.com.

Hope this helps
cheers