Importing stuff to UK

Old Oct 7th 2013, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Importing stuff to UK

Step BIL asked his Mum and my FIL to get him a particular wooden gun stock while they were here. It is now got, but will the IL's have any problems bringing it through customs in the UK? No metal or working parts to it. SBIL has a gun license in the UK. Would they need the license number? If anyone has any experience in doing this I would be grateful. I did have a look at the UK customs website, but no mention of non-working gun parts.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:04 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing stuff to UK

Here it is, I found it:

"People are not allowed to bring component parts of guns into the country, unless they have a licence for the firearm for which the parts are intended.

All firearms must have a police shotgun licence or Firearm Certificate as individual gun parts can be put to several uses. Other than legitimate repairs, they can also be used to reactivate guns that have previously been modified to stop them from firing."

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/banne...al-weapons.htm
Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Easiest way might be to send it in the post and let customs deal with it directly that way and try and bring it in person, if you aren't the licensed person.

Then again, I suppose it's down to much much the folks like BIL...good luck.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

This is for BIL's personal hunting rifle. He does have to deal with firearms as part of his job. Don't know if that would make a difference. They are transferring at LHR to another UK airport, all by BA, and hopefully won't be stopped at LHR and made to miss their flight.

Last edited by joto; Oct 7th 2013 at 3:47 pm.