I'm off to Britain, great

Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm off to Britain, great

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4716923a1861.html

Great? What do you think guys. (guess the bloke is a bit daft eh? however. I agree a bit..........what he has to say..........
just being honest, I am still in love with Britain but am having second thoughts about going back there..... dunno... my head is messed up!! and heart is aching ... whenever I think about the u.k stuff.

Last edited by Sue; Oct 5th 2008 at 4:02 am. Reason: Moved from the NZ forum
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: I'm off to Britain, great

Originally Posted by crap coffee
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4716923a1861.html

What do you think guys? (think the bloke is a bit daft eh? however. I agree a bit..........what he has to say..........well. being honest, I am still in love with Britain but am having second thoughts about going back there..... dunno... my head is messed up!! whenever I think about the u.k stuff. My heart is aching ...
I heard the coffee was crap in UK
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:54 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I heard the coffee was crap in UK
personally i would go anywhere else but not the UK...

but I do miss seeing a chav or two...and I drink more coffee since living in New Zealand..and less tea?? strange that hey
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
but I do miss seeing a chav or two...and I drink more coffee since living in New Zealand..and less tea?? strange that hey
It's not strange........ because the quality of the coffee bean is much better here indeed thats why you'd drink more, I would think

Not a big fan of tea, hence I had to drinking cr*p coffee anyway while living in the UK.

Last edited by crap coffee; Oct 5th 2008 at 4:16 am.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:19 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

It's not strange........ because the quality of the coffee bean is much better here indeed thats why you'd drink more, I would think

Not a big fan of tea, hence I had to drinking cr*p coffee anyway while living in the UK.

After becoming a coffee snob while living in the Pacific north west i have to say the only decent coffee i found in UK was Starbucks, especially the French Roast.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Londonuck
After becoming a coffee snob while living in the Pacific north west i have to say the only decent coffee i found in UK was Starbucks, especially the French Roast.
make and drink coffee at home then. I think it's better quality. Even in nz, I don't find cafe coffee is alwasy nice - not necessarily (lots of folks agree that). so I don't bother drinking coffee when I am out. Staubucks is absolutely rubbish whatever reasons
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Have fun, is this a permanent move or just a long haul trip for a while?

(You work for an airline right?)
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Have fun, is this a permanent move or just a long haul trip for a while?

(You work for an airline right?)

who? what are you talking about btw?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

MAybe I got the wrong end of the stick as I thought you worked for Air NZ - sorry.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely agree with you CC. Startbucks coffee is bitter, acidic and over-strong and filled with crap foam. Also, their cakes and biscuits are pale, boring and uninspiring, even for the famished!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

Why has this thread been moved to the MBTUK thread. I thought CC was being ironic, and was talking about NZ.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Starbucks coffee in Aus is bland and tasteless, though inoffensive.

Have no idea where there is a good cup of coffee to be had in the UK, I like coffee but it's not a critically important aspect of my life.

When I lived in Adelaide there was a better standard of coffee due to the many Italian coffee bars, the rest of Aus not so much, and as for country Australia you are lucky if you get something drinkable.

OP we need some backgorund here, where are you from, and do you actually like the UK and prefer it to NZ (or have I got you mixed up with someone else)
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:01 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

make and drink coffee at home then. I think it's better quality. Even in nz, I don't find cafe coffee is alwasy nice - not necessarily (lots of folks agree that). so I don't bother drinking coffee when I am out. Staubucks is absolutely rubbish whatever reasons

I only drink coffee at home, i buy the beans and grind myself. I never touched Starbucks in North amercia, funny enough. I was talking about the best of a bad bunch over here. Costa and all the other brands on the high street are utter crap. The best coffee ive had is in Amsterdam. Maan can they make a cup!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I was talking about the best of a bad bunch over here.
I know.

How about Folgers coffee? you ever drink folgers in Canada?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

One bit of advice CC - keep your roots in NZ if you do come back over to the UK. That way, when you do want to return to NZ, it is so much easier than attempting to uproot from the UK. I do not know anyone in my social network who sees the UK as being attractive long term.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.