Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Im moving back after losing work in the USA

Im moving back after losing work in the USA

Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Palmbeachbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Im moving back after losing work in the USA

anyone with knowledge of B and bs in the London suburbs and any advice as to getting social help with rent payment
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im moving back after losing work in the USA

Originally Posted by Palmbeachbrit
anyone with knowledge of B and bs in the London suburbs and any advice as to getting social help with rent payment
The usual rule with Britain is the less you have contributed to the economy, the more money you get from social welfare. As you have paid tax to Uncle Sam for the last twenty years I predict a glorious yield of benefits coming your way.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tableland
The usual rule with Britain is the less you have contributed to the economy, the more money you get from social welfare. As you have paid tax to Uncle Sam for the last twenty years I predict a glorious yield of benefits coming your way.
...and if you are of bad character, have no intention of working or contributing towards the economy and can communicate very little with your neighbours, the yield will be even greater.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

LillyB will become famous soon enoughLillyB will become famous soon enough

Hi

I am in UK looking to move out to work in US, but if you are coming back you will need to access the website's used to be DHSS which are now Job Centre Plus, you can access all Benefits Information on this site, it will tell you if you are entitled to what benefit and a rough amount, you can also register on line and proceed with your benefit claim on line, regards BnB's no knowledge of these in London areas, but if you know what borough you can access the borough website and it will give you housing option, rented, private rented, housing assc etc. Hope this helps and good luck
Old Oct 21st 2008, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

some advice in this last thread of yours....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...32&postcount=1
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Hanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud ofHanescymru has much to be proud of

Are you sure you want to do this mate? As a fellow welshman and Palm Beach county resident, I'd think there must be some other opportunities here? I have been here 12 years and been through a few jobs in that time but something else always comes along.. London has got VERY expensive in the time you've been gone... as has everywhere else in the UK. Last time I was home in Feb, the place was full of Poles even little Mid Wales where I come from..best of luck whichever you choose..
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hanescymru
Are you sure you want to do this mate? As a fellow welshman and Palm Beach county resident, I'd think there must be some other opportunities here? I have been here 12 years and been through a few jobs in that time but something else always comes along.. London has got VERY expensive in the time you've been gone... as has everywhere else in the UK. Last time I was home in Feb, the place was full of Poles even little Mid Wales where I come from..best of luck whichever you choose..
The Poles are leaving en masse because of the rising unemployment, but I never had a problem with the Polish anyway. I work with them in a white collar professional and my experience is only positive. My admiration for them is only heightened when I recall from time to time they are doing everything in a second language. As for Wales, a place I visit regularly to visit family, it is a gross exaggeration to say it is "full of Poles" unless you mean Telephone poles, of course.

In terms of everything being very expensive, well, not for much longer. Deflation is raging, house prices are 15% down and only a third of their eay to the bottom, and food and fuel are coming down in price. The problem is stopping deflation not containing inflation.