ILR- dependents

Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Sharareh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR- dependents

Hello all
I have non-EU, non-Common Wealth nationality. I came to UK for a research fellowship in a Scottish University funded by a Scientific Charity in UK in April 2002. I worked and being paid a limited bursary. My first visa issued in my home country was student when I wasn’t a full time student. At that time no one asked me for national insurance number, but I have paid council tax which confirms that my visa status wasn’t really student.
The same institution employed me with a Work Permit(WP) in October 2003. I have had continues WP( however because of funding limitation we had applied another 2 times). My current contract will be finished in August. But will have another application for another2-year WP at that time.
1) Am I eligible for ILR in April 2007, with a letter form employer that her contract will be extended for another 2-year up to August 2009, or I should wait until October 2008? Home Office legislation says 5-year continuous WP. Will they consider First 17 moths or not?
I came with my daughter and my husband (he has been working after one year of arrival) both as my dependents up to now.
2) Are they eligible for ILR whenever I am?
My daughter was 15 years when we came to UK. Now she is 20. She studies at university in England and we pay overseas fee.
3) Will she remain eligible as my dependent and have ILR eligibility when I want to apply for ILR?
4) If I am not eligible for ILR in April 2007 and I should apply for another WP and Leave to Remain in July 2007, the application asks the spouse details and children under 18. Does it mean that my daughter who has been my dependent both for visa and university expenses can not be included in the WP application?
As you find one of main concerns is ILR for my daughter to be eligible for Home student tuition fee.
Sorry for such a long message but I tried to make everything clear.

Thank you in advance for your advice