IHS question

Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Caz2518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IHS question

Hi everyone ,

So we’ve been in the UK for about six weeks, have finally got a place to live, a current account ( after many frustrating trips to different banks !) and life is good ! My question is regarding the IHS surcharge for my husband which we paid for . Our medical center is asking for proof of the dates it is valid for ? I’ve told them it’s the same dates as on my husbands BRP . But they’re insisting the we should have other evidence? Am I missing something ? Please help , thank you .

Caz
Old Jul 19th 2019, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

fastrhino will become famous soon enough
Default Re: IHS question

Originally Posted by Caz2518
have finally got a place to live, a current account ( after many frustrating trips to different banks !)
What was your main source of frustration with the banks, I am hoping to open a bank account when I come over in August, I have my UK driving licence already sat waiting for me with a current UK address and my UK passport. was the issue something other than proof of residency?
Old Jul 19th 2019, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Caz2518 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fastrhino
What was your main source of frustration with the banks, I am hoping to open a bank account when I come over in August, I have my UK driving licence already sat waiting for me with a current UK address and my UK passport. was the issue something other than proof of residency?
It was proof of address mostly and what each bank would accept . They wouldn’t even accept our US bank statements with our UK address on them . Finally it was a council tax bill that was accepted. Good luck 😊
Old Jul 19th 2019, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

UK Banks will usually want a Utility Bill related to the property you are using as your residence, or a mortgage statement, something like that. It most likely has to be clear evidence that you have the right to live there.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 5:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

“Medical center”? Do you mean your GP?
Old Jul 21st 2019, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read at this article.
It is not definitive but indicates what proof you may need.
You need to ask each bank what it will accept as proof of address.
Opening a bank a/c
Old Jul 21st 2019, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

British passport is good, shows the right to be resident but does not show actual residency. The driving licence is too easy to have a non resident address on it, as you have demonstrated so is not acceptable as proof of residence.

That is why a utility bill or similar to you at a UK address, preferably the same one on your driving licence, is needed. Our son moved back and initially stayed with us for a few months. The bank accepted his passport, his UK driving licence with our address, a utility bill to me at that address plus a signed letter from myself and my wife stating that he was living with us.