Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

If you moved back to the UK today, what would you miss?

If you moved back to the UK today, what would you miss?

Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you moved back to the UK today, what would you miss?

Originally Posted by britvic
Neither would I For me it's like a strange smell of burning rubber.
You've just reminded me of a staffie bull terrier we used to have. We called him rubber bum cos every time he passed wind, it smelt of burning rubber.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OiOi
What are you on about? all said was i liked the bigger parking spaces here as opposed to the smaller ones in the UK. I don't really care about the parking ability argument at all.
It looks like you live in MA which is one of the most populated states in the US, so yeah i guess you probably get to feel like a parking hero.
The fact is for the majority of us in the USA there are many more parking spaces that are bigger than in the UK and you don't have to pay for them. How can anyone disagree with that?
Well, it's a waste of space, you have larger spots, but you don't have as many slots to park in, people learned to drive and park properly, especially in this state, there would be more parking....and there's plenty of places where parking ain't free and certainly not cheap.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
this is easy..the sunshine
Aye up chuck, long time no see, so how's it going with you these days and the wee one?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OiOi
I concur, high quality non American cars
Of COURSE !!!!

Although my latest Acura is built in the US, as are many "Japanese" auto's these days. The quality of this Acura is not quite as good as my first Japanese made Legend from 15 years ago, but it's still very good. Anyone who buys an American 'designed' car (buick, Chevy, etc ...) is asking for trouble.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Marmalade
The variety of food here, even for little old vegetarian me......and my close friends.
Are you serious? You must live in a vegetarian friendly area. Not me!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_English_Bride
Are you serious? You must live in a vegetarian friendly area. Not me!
Yes, it is a good area for veggies like me! I love food, and can always find something on the menu I like, no matter what
Old Oct 16th 2008, 2:41 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye up chuck, long time no see, so how's it going with you these days and the wee one?
going is great...how is daddydom treating you?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
going is great...how is daddydom treating you?
It's so weird to appear responsible

But it's going good for the most part, teething isn't so fun, either was the aftermath of introducing the rice cereal
Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:13 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
What about Dunkin Donuts garlic bagel with salmon spread?
100% guaranteed to end a romantic evening before its even begun - but oh, sooooo good.

Bagels are evil. Why not just regurgitate pea soup into her mouth when you kiss goodnight?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Bagels are evil. Why not just regurgitate pea soup into her mouth when you kiss goodnight?
Bagels aren't evil, bagels are fantastic! Maybe not garlic bagels with salmon spread though ...
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:42 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Are you into that as well?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:31 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Bagels are only useful as a means of transporting large quantities of cream cheese and lox into my face. Plain bagels are like bread jerky.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Bagels are only useful as a means of transporting large quantities of cream cheese and lox into my face. Plain bagels are like bread jerky.
I have an everything bagel with cream cheese every morning, yummeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Oct 20th 2008, 4:18 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Bagels and cream cheese are good for me. I introduced DH to them when he first came to visit me here, but he is happy with just butter on them, sacrilege but at least he'll eat them.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

You my dear have clearly not had a proper bagel!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.