Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

If you could live anywhere in the World?

If you could live anywhere in the World?

Old Jul 25th 2011, 9:57 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If you could live anywhere in the World?

Imagine money, visas, family no problem, where'd you like to live?

I'd love to live in Monaco. 300 days of sunshine a year, lowest crime rate probably in the world, close to Nice for flights to lots of places, close to Italy, wonderful views... We'd need to win the lottery of course, I think a one-bed apartment is nearly €1 million!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:40 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could live anywhere in the World?

Don't believe everything you read about sunshine hours. It gets very cold in Monaco winter. Florida has one of the best climates in the civilized world.Although the last few winters has had cold spells. Wouldn't mind barbados if I had a yacht to get out now and then.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Squirrel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Don't believe everything you read about sunshine hours. It gets very cold in Monaco winter. Florida has one of the best climates in the civilized world.Although the last few winters has had cold spells. Wouldn't mind barbados if I had a yacht to get out now and then.
Oh sure there are hotter places but I'd rather somewhere that is a bit seasonal. I know Nice pretty well and have found it very sunny in December though Jan & Feb can be cold. I just really like Monaco and you wouldn't need a car there (we don't drive).
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:54 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

A flat in London (Paddington? Notting Hill?) and a flat in New York City (Upper West Side?) I'd budget about two million for each in the respective currencies. I'm not greedy, a modest little bolt-hole will do.

They say the grass is always greener -- we've been living on five acres, huge 4-bedroom house in a really remote rural area for 15 years, so cities look quite attractive just now.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

England would be my first choice, not exciting I know but definitely somewhere with four seasons. Sun all the time is over-rated and boring. I much prefer changeable weather and the UK's climate is perfect for me. I also like New England. And certainly in a rural area with a decent sized town within about an hours drive.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:51 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I would rent a modest bungalow in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Back in Carrick again, very near to where I lived before I left. Maybe one of the bigger, newer houses but still within the same half-mile radius of my old street, there's nowhere else better for me.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonrob
I would rent a modest bungalow in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.
Is that really the spelling or did you just run your fingers over the keyboard willy-nilly?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:14 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I've always liked the idea of a house on the water

Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:17 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Squirrel
Imagine money, visas, family no problem, where'd you like to live?

Ok ...a place in rural New Jersey so I could commute to NYC airports, A place in Cornwall so I can watch the Atlantic and enjoy a peaceful slower way of life. A place in Ostend Belgium so I could do Europe and a place in Vegas so I could go play when I wanted to.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
Ok ...a place in rural New Jersey so I could commute to NYC airports, A place in Cornwall so I can watch the Atlantic and enjoy a peaceful slower way of life. A place in Ostend Belgium so I could do Europe and a place in Vegas so I could go play when I wanted to.
Yeah - what he said. Barring that possibility, another PLANET!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 4:51 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

somewhere in Northern Cumbria or the Scottish Borders to be close to my parents as they approach what are (let's face it) their last 'good' years....
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere in South America, Uruguay would be quite nice.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Buy a nice house near the sea in the New Forest area.

Maybe an apartment on the central coast ( San Luis Obispo / Carmel Valley Area).
Old Jul 25th 2011, 5:14 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
if money is no object I'd suggest building your own airport rather than commuting to the worst airports known to mankind ie, the NYC ones,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.